Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 2nd, 2006 07:00

Netgear RangeMax wireless Modem Router DG834PN

Hi

I am look at the Netgear RangeMax wireless Modem Router DG834PN is it Good???

31 Posts

December 2nd, 2006 19:00

I'm assuming that's draft N, make sure all your hardware is compatible too, to take full benefit. Make sure your wireless card is compatible, but either way the router is backwards compatible.

2.4K Posts

December 3rd, 2006 18:00

hi

I will get the new hardware

RANGEMAX™ WIRELESS MODEM ROUTER DG834PN
Using Smart MIMO (Multi-In Multi Out) to Extend Wireless Range

The DG834PN RangeMax™ Wireless Modem Router enables ADSL broadband subscribers to dramatically boost wireless networking coverage and eliminate dead spots by dynamically adapting on the fly to your changing home or small office environment.

DOWNLOAD PDF DATASHEET
WHERE TO BUY
SUPPORT / DRIVERS
WIRELESS COMPARISON CHART

KEY FEATURES

5-in-1: Modem, Router, Firewall, 4-port Switch, Wireless Access Point

No need for separate modem; plugs directly into ADSL line

Up to 10x faster coverage & speed compared to 802.11g

6 internal antennas continually survey the environment to optimise coverage

Eliminates Dead-spots using Smart MIMO* technology

Maximises coverage by auto-adapting to avoid interference & physical barriers

Improves range & speed of existing wireless devices

Wireless Connectivity – Range Matters

The DG834PN RangeMax Wireless Modem Router (Gateway) adjusts to interference and the physical barriers to maximise coverage. With RangeMax dynamic connectivity there is no need to spend extra money on range extenders, repeaters and external antennas. There is also no need to throw away your older wireless devices; the DG834PN wireless modem router is compatible with 802.11b, 802.11g and SuperG™ products and will boost their range and speed. Coverage is maximised when the DG834PN is used in conjunction with NETGEAR’s RangeMax™ PC cards and adapters.

RangeMax™ Technology – Smart MIMO

RangeMax™ is an advanced Smart MIMO (Multi-in, Multi-Out*) technology that uses seven internal antennas. The RangeMax DG834PN wireless modem router constantly surveys your home or office environment for physical barriers and interference: The RangeMax wireless router adapts on the fly, adjusting the wireless signal to compensate for these performance blockers. For example; if you carry your laptop from the kitchen to the bedroom, RangeMax automatically senses the change and selects from a choice of numerous antenna configurations to deliver you the fastest, clearest connection! Everyone will enjoy consistently high-speed connections, everywhere in your house – no signal dropouts or wireless dead spots.

Security

NETGEAR ensures that every computer, laptop or console user connected to your wireless network can work and play safely. The DG834PN RangeMax Wireless modem router comes with a double firewall, WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) encryption and WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access, Pre-Shared Key) security. These security features add powerful safeguards against unauthorised usage – for more information on how to make your wireless network secure visit our wireless security page.

Easy Set-up

The DG834PN is an easy to set-up, single box solution, it plugs straight into your ADSL line – there is no need for a separate modem. Once the DG834PN modem router is connected, configuration is also easy, via NETGEAR’s Smart Wizard™. The Smart Wizard™ automatically detects your ISP’s network settings, and then walks you through each step of the installation process.

Related Products

The DG834PN Wireless Modem Router is part of the RangeMax product line:
WPN111 – RangeMax™ Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter
WPN511 – RangeMax™ Wireless Laptop Card
WPN311 – RangeMax™ Wireless Internal PCI Adapter
WPN802 – RangeMax™ Wireless Access Point
WPN824 – RangeMax™ Wireless Smart MIMO Router (no modem included, ideal for cable subscribers)

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

Network Connection:

* Wireless Data Speed of up to 108 Mbps
* 4 x 10/100 network ports with auto-sensing technology and 1 RJ11 bt port

Encryption:

* WEP 64-bit or 128-bit encryption
* WPA-PSK

System Requirements:

* Broadband (cable, ADSL) Internet Service
* Wireless Adapter to connect each computer
* Windows® 98, Me, NT, 2000, XP, MAC® OS, NetWare®, UNIX, or Linux®
* Internet Explorer 5.0 or Netscape® 4.7 or higher
* Recommend using this product with WG111T, WPN511 or WPN311 RangeMax Wireless Adapters

For a full technical specification, please download the datasheet.

31 Posts

yes although it is backwards compatible don't expect a significant boost if your wireless card isn't 802.11n compatible.

2.4K Posts

it is say compatible with 802.11b, 802.11g and SuperG

2.4K Posts

http://www.netgear.co.uk/extra/h_wireless_modem_router_dg834pn.php?type=h

31 Posts

lol, you didn't have to go that far. But yeah draft N is good. I'm using Linksys WRT300N myself. It has its problems and a lot of users have complained but once you have set it up it works great. Just a really big hassle. I'm getting speeds of up to 270 and with proper antenna positioning I get more of a constant signal. A lot of users have complained about this, and it does have its faults as I had to previously RMA the first router I received. I haven't heard anything bad about Netgear but I don't really browse there forums either. I think Maximum PC might have done a review on it, I will have to check.

2.4K Posts

December 3rd, 2006 19:00

hi

I found some good review on it.

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=3VZ5&InMerch=1&v=3#infoarea

31 Posts

December 3rd, 2006 22:00

go for it =)

I cant say the with Linksys even though I always trust there brand, but I've had my own problems.

2.4K Posts

December 4th, 2006 13:00

hi

I am using the Linksys wag54G is not very good

this is why I am upgrade to the Negear RangeMax wireless Modem Router DG834PN
No Events found!