Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2009 06:00

Networking LAN Card sometime loosing connections under Windows 7 update on Nov 17

After technical support from Dell (downloadng the last pilote for the RealTek PCI card and check the last BIOS on my PC, it appears that

the problem is NOT related to the Dell Inspiron Desktop 545S but rather to the Internet Service Provider router (live Box from Orange in France).

Orange customer support recommend me to modify a configuration parameter ( deactive the UdP parameter) and it has been two days without disconnection.

many thanks to the Dell support anyway   :emotion-1:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under Window 7, I Have acquired a new Dell Inspiron Desktop 545S with a RealTek PCI Family controller and from time to time the connection is lost.

So the Ethernet LAN is no more active and I have to reactivate the LAN card to get back to the Internet. However, I am

Using a local router LiveBox fromOrange, other computer are still OK with WLAN.

This is very inconvenient although I have checked the last driver on my Networking card

thanks for your help

Pierre-Marie Andre

No Responses!
No Events found!