Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2015 00:00

No Networking Hardware Available after Windows 10 Upgrade

XPS 13 (9343)

Dell Wireless (Broadcom) 1560

Dell Wireless 1560 802.11c shows up in Device Manager as "working properly".

Driver version 6.30.223.262

In Network and Sharing Center when I go to set up a new connection Windows tells me that "Windows could not detect any networking hardware."

I have a shiny new Ultrabook here that's dead in the water. Any quick fixes for this, or do I need to downgrade it back to Windows 8.1?

1 Message

March 16th, 2016 09:00

I know this post is a few months old but figured I'd post since I came here searching for answers to the same problem.

One of my customers brought in a Dell XPS 9343 with the Dell 1560 wireless card that stopped seeing wireless networks after upgrading to Windows 10.  Long story short, I tried all the suggestions here and others I read online but none would revive the wireless. I tried every driver available from Dell and Broadcom as well. I also tried a Dell 4 in 1 which is their USB to VGA/HDMI/CAT5/USB and even it would not get me online. Then I tried an Edimax N150 USB wifi. STILL NO WIFI in the networks list. 

Dell sent a technician and they replaced the wifi card and antenna in the system but still no wifi. They suggested restoring back to 8. I decided to go one step further and go back to 7 but before doing so I tried the following last steps:

1. Open administrative CMD prompt
  2. Type the following at the command prompt->   SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1
  3. Open Device Manager, select View menu and select Show hidden devices
  4. Go to Network adapters and any that are greyed out (indicating not present) I right-clicked and selected Uninstall
  5. Reboot the PC

I wish I had thought to do each one individually to really narrow down which one was the culprit. There were about six or seven that I removed. After rebooting the system I had wireless networks again, the 4 in 1 started working and I was finally able to go online. 

One thing to NOT do, at least in this case was to let the Dell Command Update run, which for some reason installed a really old driver, a Broadcom from 6/2/2013 version 6.30.223.256 which broke the wifi again. However since I had downloaded all the available wireless drivers it was easy to re-install the latest and be back to working wifi. 

Please, before spending the time going back to 8 to come back to 10 give this a try, it takes 5 minutes.

April 28th, 2016 02:00

Try to learn here:http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-wifi-available-after-windows-10-update.html 

I followed it to fix my Windows 10 laptop wifi problem!

October 31st, 2022 20:00

This error primarily occurs due to the driver for your network adapter not being installed correctly. Windows is designed to automatically install the default drivers for all your hardware, but in some cases, it fails to do so.

Solution: Installing Drivers Manually

Here are the steps to Install a Driver Manually:

1. Press Windows + R to launch the Run Type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and hit Enter. This will launch your computer’s device manager.
    2. Navigate through all the hardware and click on the Network Adapters Right click on your Wireless hardware it and select “Update driver”.
    3. Now Windows will pop a dialogue box asking you which way do you want to update your driver. Select the first option (Search automatically for updated driver software) and proceed.
    4. After the installation, restart your computer and check if the problem gets resolved.

If it doesn’t work as expected, we can try installing the default drivers for hardware after uninstalling it.

No Events found!