Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2015 00:00

No Networking Hardware Available after Windows 10 Upgrade

XPS 13 (9343)

Dell Wireless (Broadcom) 1560

Dell Wireless 1560 802.11c shows up in Device Manager as "working properly".

Driver version 6.30.223.262

In Network and Sharing Center when I go to set up a new connection Windows tells me that "Windows could not detect any networking hardware."

I have a shiny new Ultrabook here that's dead in the water. Any quick fixes for this, or do I need to downgrade it back to Windows 8.1?

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 15:00

SOLVED

On a hunch, I suspected that my installation of the Cisco VPN Client ( My version is 5.0.07.0440) could be causing problems. I tried uninstalling it, which failed in Windows 10. I rolled back my Windows 10 install to Windows 8.1, successfully completed the uninstall of the Cisco VPN client, and reinstalled Windows 10 and I have networking capability in Windows 10 now.

2 Posts

October 12th, 2015 07:00

PROBLEM SOLVED

I contacted Dell Technical Support and after 2 days of work by them they finally solved the WiFi problem.

Again, I am not technical but I can tell you that it was the Driver Software for the Broadcom Network Adapter.

Dell downloaded an older Driver version (6.30.223.227) dated 1/28/2014 and it resolved the entire problem.

I also want to say that Dell's Technical Support is REALLY worth every penny it costs! I missed a phone call and they called me the next day and asked if they could fix the problem now, I was shocked!

Thanks Dell! 

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

October 13th, 2015 11:00

Following on from your post I have the following three questions

I wouldn't worry about the dates. Only the version number should matter. Every step in the process to create a driver likely has a different date. The date the driver was finalized, the date it was "packaged" for user installation, and the date it was finally posted on Dell's site. If the version number is the same, it should be exactly the same driver. 

Don't have that version of WiFi on my Dell Inspiron laptop running Win 10, so don't know what options are available for user configuration on your system. I had to tweak the default driver settings to make WiFi run stably on this system. Basically it was trial and error. Changing Ad Hoc 802.11 b/g channel from the default to channel 8 (has to be done in conjunction with your router settings) made a big difference.  Most people don't change router channel settings so there are lots of WiFi networks all competing for bandwidth on the default channel (typically channel 1). So finding a less used channel cuts interference. I also upped Transmit Power to a higher setting on that Advanced tab (but it increases battery consumption).

BTW: I don't use Dell's Updater to tell me if my system is up-to-date, or not. I periodically look at the Drivers list for my system and see if there's a driver with new version number (ignoring dates). And I only update, if the driver says it fixes a problem I actually have.

• 

17K Posts

July 29th, 2015 06:00

Greyhame,

Try installing the Windows 8.1 network drivers in the system. You can click the link below.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-13-9343-laptop/drivers/advanced

3 Posts

July 29th, 2015 12:00

This does not appear to work either. If I install directly from the 9343_Network_Driver_KK4JF_WN_6.30.223.228_A00.EXE file itself I get an error that the Broadcom Bluetooth software can not run on that version of Windows, but then it tells me the install was successful. However, no meaningful changes occur. I have tried doing this:

- Overtop of the existing driver

- After removing the existing driver

- After rescanning for hardware, the existing driver being reinstalled, removing it again and deleting the driver files.

No change.

I tried extracting 9343_Network_Driver_KK4JF_WN_6.30.223.228_A00.EXE instead and installing from the setup file, even running the setup file in compatibility mode with Windows 8, and run as Administrator. Doing that I only get the message about the Bluetooth app not being able to run on this version of Windows and no further messages.

After all this, rescanning for hardware changes in Device Manager, it installs generic Broadcom 1560 802.11ac drivers (presumably because I deleted the "Dell Wireless 1560" driver files. Still doesn't show up as networking hardware in Network and Sharing Center.

1 Message

July 29th, 2015 16:00

I too am having the same problem on my Latitude E7440. Basically the network adapter does not show up in any of the settings.

I also had Cisco VPN installed on Windows 8.1 prior to upgrading to Windows 10. I will downgrade to Windows 8.1, uninstall Cisco VPN, and then upgrade to Windows 10 later tonight.

I will let you know if this too solves my issue.

July 29th, 2015 18:00

Are you saying that because DELL can't support their own product properly, I will have to install Windows 8.1 (at a cost to me!!) and only then be able to install Windows 10 on my laptop???  Doesn't sound too bright to me!!

July 30th, 2015 00:00

@DiegoRico Did this work for you?

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

July 30th, 2015 03:00

Hi there,

I'm using an Inspiron M102z and have just upgraded to Windows 10. Everything seems to work well except for WiFi. I am getting no connection or Limited connection. Can you please help me. Thanks in advance.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

July 30th, 2015 11:00

I had issues with poor WiFi connections using Insider (preview) builds of Win 10 long before yesterday's official release. I'm running Win 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 17 with Intel Centrino N2230 WiFi.

The builds saw the WiFi adaptor but link connection speed was low and/or it gave that "Limited" warning. I found -but no promises this works for anyone else- that I had to change some of the driver settings on the WiFi adapter's Advanced tab in Device Manager.

It seems -at least in my case- the default driver settings on that tab aren't optimal. Before you fiddle with any of them, I strongly encourage you to copy down all the current settings so if something goes amiss, you can easily revert. Reboot after making any changes and see if the WiFi connection improves.

Currently getting 300-Mbps link connection speed which is router's max, it's stable at that speed and doesn't disconnect. Before I fiddled, the speed would go up/down randomly, sometimes as low as 10 Mbps, or disconnect.

You can the monitor link connection speed by opening the network connections settings page and clicking the link with your SSID name on right side of screen. You can then close the network settings page and leave the link speed screen open at the side so you can monitor what's happening while you're testing new settings...

And one more thingy...there were several updates to the Intel WiFi driver for this system during the Win 10 beta testing. Everyone of them reset those Advanced settings back to the defaults, meaning I had to change them again. So once you find the right settings, write them down because you never know when MS will feed you a new driver. And in Win 10, users have no choice about which (driver) updates to accept or refuse...

2 Posts

July 30th, 2015 18:00

Please check http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro-surfusingwin10/no-wireless-device-after-upgrading-surface-pro-to/79b27611-d00a-4482-aa03-117abd0f51fb

To get wireless working without rolling back to Windows 8/8.1 is to run this command as admin.

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

It was provided by Barb Bowman.

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 00:00

Hi, 

open a cmd prompt with admin privileges and run the command below

reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Note : If you are getting errors while running this command, Open regedit and search for the registry key manually and then run netcfg -v -u dni_dne . It will resolve the issue with out rolling back to windows 8.1. 

This is an issue with the CIsco VPN , The above entry is for the same.  No need to install drivers again. 

1 Message

August 6th, 2015 12:00

Brand new Inspiron  3847 just out of the box.  Same card.  Same problem.  Dell shipped a brand new computer without a possibility of internet access!  How's that for a responsible company

1 Rookie

• 

3 Posts

August 11th, 2015 17:00

Hey mate, trying downloading drivers from DELL. Find your Wireless Card under Device Manager, and update it. Windows 10 update is a little tricky in different computers. Cheers mate.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 20th, 2015 10:00

HEY PPL!!! I think I I might just got the problem solved without downgrading back to win 8.1 and looking for different driver!

Here`s what worked for me: I`m currently on windows 10

Open Device manager, go to your Network adapters, open with RIGHT click Dell Wireless driver.

Next open Properties. Go to ADVANCED. And change from NONE to Prefer 802.11 g/b. Do restart.

AND THATS IT!!!

Guys that worked for me, I hope it works for you to. If it`s not working just go back to NONE, no harm done. After upgrade it looks like  802.11a was messing dell driver up. Good luck

No Events found!