Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2005 22:00

No encryption with Dell 3300 wireless printer adapter????

I did the obligatory several hours online with Dell support (India).  Their claim (at the very end of course) is that the 3300 wireless printer adapter (from Dell) cannot handle encryption of any kind.  Hence, my wireless network is only protected via MAC address filtering and disabling the SSID broadcast.  Yeah...

My data simply travels through space un-encrypted.

I've read nothing that says that this device can't handle the standard security settings that it's own installation software allows you to select!!!

If it were true that this thing can't do encryption, I would have expected that that would have been the first thing that the support person told me.  I would have expected that it would appear somewhere on the box, in the user's guide, in the installation software, etc...

Can some kind soul please tell me that Dell support is wrong and that the 3300 works fine with at least ONE of the encryption algorithms?  If so, which one.

7.9K Posts

March 5th, 2005 04:00

i don't own the device and know little about it, but if the driver or configuration page allows you to enter a wep or wpa key, then the device most definitely supports encryption
No Events found!