Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2007 17:00

No ethernet controller gx260

Im unable to get  my router working as my machine has no ethernet controllers installer.
I have a dell, optiplex gx260. The lan in enabled in the Bios.  I have searched and tried a number of driver None of which have worked,  I have tried the 3com 3c905c txm, intel gigabit LOM, and im about to try the Intel 8254x1000 intregrated netwk driver (which i dont think'll work as its the same as the Lom one).

if that doesnt work is it best to reinstall the chipset drivers??  would that help?
does anyone know anything else i can try?

12K Posts

May 15th, 2007 19:00

If you recently reinstalled the OS, then yes you would have to install the ChipSet driver.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2007 22:00

Thanks guys , got it all up and running now, tried dell and few other site , but in the end the only place i found it after a long search was driverguide.com
thanks again.

1 Message

February 20th, 2008 19:00

I wiped my hard drive too. and what a pain in the but to get the ethernet controller installed.

man if you don't read everything your beat. do the chipset first.

go to MY COMPUTER  click on drive C and find DELL  then find  R66787 and install it from there.

it works, well it worked for me. now after 3 days i can get on line with this computer, or sell it.

i have no need for it, fixing it it was just something to do.

hope it works for you

1 Message

January 7th, 2012 15:00

Thank god you posted this,

I've searched and searched for a ethernet driver for my computer and all I could find on the dell website that was compatible with it was this 3 com thing which didn't work finally i searched       installed it and it worked for my Optiplex gx 260 dell.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

January 8th, 2012 06:00

Thank god you posted this,

I've searched and searched for a ethernet driver for my computer and all I could find on the dell website that was compatible with it was this 3 com thing which didn't work finally i searched       installed it and it worked for my Optiplex gx 260 dell.

Searched and searched, huh????

The R66787.exe driver that everybody claims doesn't show up for the GX260 shows up perfectly fine when I go to http://support.dell.com and select GX260 and click on the Drivers and Downloads tab. There are actually 20 files under the Network section of the Drivers, but only 4 or 5 labeled Driver.

Lo and behold, in the Network section for the Drivers, there is R66787 and it is the Intel Gigabit LOM. Honestly, can't people read????

No Events found!