Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 4th, 2006 13:00

Outlook Express to Outlook

Please bear with me,

I have just recently purchased a Dell Dimension 3000, and the default email programme that i have been untill recently, has been Outlook Express. However, i have just installed MS Office 2003 which comes with Outlook (not Outlook Express). Now i didn't think that there would be any problems using either, but it keeps on asking whether i would like to make Outlook (not Express) my default client. I click yes, hoping it's as simple as that; but i keep on getting the message to import something into my Personal folder. Is there something i should have done during the initial set-up of MS Office 2003, or that i can do now, to stop this message popping up every five seconds. Also how do i configure Outlook to become my default mailserver instead of Outlook Express.

Sorry if i sound like a complete idiot!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

August 5th, 2006 13:00

Outlook 2003 should have copied over all your files from Outlook Express and installed itself as the default e-mail program (not "server" - the server is at your ISP).  Apparently it did not full install or copy over everything.  I would let it copy whatever file it wants and see if that corrects the problem.  Also, check the Internet Options in Internet Explorer (Click Tools then Internet Options) Programs Tab and make sure Outlook 2003 is set as the e-mail program.

If you are still having problems, repost in the Office/MS Works software section of the forum - the forum section for support MS Office products.  That is the most appropriate forum section since this is a setup/software issue, not a "networking" issue.

No Events found!