Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 28th, 2013 12:00

Plantronics M50 bluetooth headset does not sync with Targus adapter

Hello, I am trying to sync my headset with the Targus adapter and it isn't recognizing the headset.

I have Win7 laptop Inspiron 1750. Is there a download to do this here?

This is my first time using a bluetooth. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.:)

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 28th, 2013 12:00

Hi NJGirl,

Please check Device Manager if the drivers for Targus bluetooth adapter are properly installed. Also, share if you are able to detect other bluetooth devices or not. Here are the steps to access Device Manager:

• Press the key combination Windows Logo key + R key to open Run dialog box.
  • Type in devmgmt.msc and click OK.
  • The Device Manager windows will appear.

Please reply with the information.

6 Posts

May 28th, 2013 14:00

Thanks for answering me.

This is a screen shot from Device Manager: 

I don't see anything that says Targus.

6 Posts

May 29th, 2013 10:00

My OS is Win7.

It is Targus bluetooth 4.0 Dual-mode micro USB adapter.

I already downloaded the software.

i also inserted the Targus adapter into another port and the bluetooth icon appeared on the monitor showing it was recognized.

I just looked at Bluetooth radios and this is what came up. Bluetooth radios is right between Batteries and Computer in Device Manager. Also both of the Usb ports recognize the Targus.

When i pulled out the Targus adapter, then the Bluetooth radio category disappeared. But when I reinserted it, it was restored. so it looks like it is being recognized, you can also see the bluetooth icon to the left above.

Don't I need to download software from Dell to sync the Targus adapter to the M50 earpiece?

Pls help, thanks.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 29th, 2013 10:00

Hi NJGirl,

The screenshot that you attached is not viewable. Please reattach the screenshot. Here are the steps to attach a picture:

• Click on 'Use rich formatting'.
  • Click on the picture icon, a window will open.
  • Click on 'Browse' to browse the image. Once the file is uploaded, click on 'Insert'.

Also, if you are not able to detect the Targus bluetooth adapter in Device Manager, it indicates that its drivers are not installed or it is not getting detected. Try connecting the adapter to another USB port when the system is connected to the internet, so that Windows can look for driver. Check in the Device Manager if it has started showing up.

If the issue still persist, please share the operating system installed on your system and the exact model of the Targus bluetooth adapter you have.

Reply with the information.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 06:00

Hi NJGirl,

Thank you for sharing the information. You do not need any download from the Dell for synchronizing your bluetooth headset.

The Targus Bluetooth USB Adapter seems to be functioning properly. You may try connecting any other bluetooth device to check that. It appears that the Plantronics M50 headset is not paired properly. Here are the steps that you can try:

• Turn on the headset. Press Call button until the LED flashes red/blue to indicate Pairing Mode.
  • Activate the Bluetooth feature on your system, then get the application to add / search / discover new Bluetooth devices.
  • Select “PLT_M20” or “PLT_M50” from the list of Bluetooth devices shown on your system.
  • If it asks for a Passcode, enter four zeros (0000). You may see **** on screen.
  • Headset LED will stop flashing red/blue once successfully paired/connected.

Hope this helps. Please reply with the results.

6 Posts

May 30th, 2013 08:00

Hello,

It only flashes red/blue once when you first turn it on. I have turned it on many times since then. Now it only flashes blue when I turn it on.

In Device Manager, it is listed under Blue Tooth Radio as: BCM 20702 bluetooth 4.0 Usb device.

Under that is Microsoft bluetooth enumerator..

There is no PLTM20 that I see anywhere.

I don't know why people are telling me to get the download from Dell and yet you say this is not necessary?

Can you please answer me more than once a day?

This issue is now three days old and if this doesn't work I will need to return the Targus and the headset.

Appreciate your assistance. Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 09:00

Hi NJGirl,

The Bluetooth adapter and the headset that you are using are third party products and do not need any download from Dell Website to make them work. You already have the software and drivers installed for the Targus Bluetooth adapter and there are no drivers needed for headset to pair it.

If you are not able to get the headset in to Pair Mode by keeping the Call button pressed for long then it has to be an issue with the headset. You may want to look in that.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 10:00

Hi NJGirl,

Glad that you got it to work with the laptop. There are volume buttons on the headset that you can use to adjust the volume. (Check the image below)

Also, you may click on the audio icon in the system tray and check if you have the option to increase the volume of Bluetooth device. (Check the image below)

Click on the icon shown in the image above and then click on Mixer. You will see Device and Application tab under it. Check if Bluetooth is listed under any one of them and it gives you the option to increase the volume.

Please share the error message that you get while connecting the headset to the Desktop. Also, share the system model and operating system installed.

6 Posts

May 30th, 2013 10:00

I finally got it to work on my laptop, which is what I wanted mostly, but the volume is very low.

But  I still cannot get it to work on my desktop.

I appreciate your help. Thank you.

6 Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

Hi, i thought that button on the side was the call button. Where is the call button then? Also where do you tap to take a call or make a call....? Thanks

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

May 31st, 2013 04:00

Hi NJGirl,

Please check the image below. It will give you the description of the Plantronics M50 headset buttons and there function.

No Events found!