Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 4th, 2010 05:00

Problem installing shared Dell 1700 printer driver on a 32bit XP computer to run on the host Windows 7 computer (64bit) computer

1. The host computer (Windows 7 64bit) prints OK to the Dell 1700 to which it is connected via USB.  There is a second HP 5600 series printer that is also on the host computer connected via USB and the host computer prints OK to this printer. Both printers are shared.

2. The XP computer can see both printers and can print OK to the HP 5600.  However whenever I try to install the Dell 1700 print driver, the XP computer indicates that it is the wrong driver. The INF file is only about 7KB in size - rather small. 

Is there a problem with the current Dell 1700 print driver for XP?  Is a special procedure needed to use this print driver?

1 Message

May 19th, 2010 09:00

I am having the same problem with a Dell 1700n printer.  It's hooked to the 64 bit Windows 7 machine and prints fine directly, but won't print from any other computer on the network (all 32 bit - either Vista or XP), even though the drivers all appear to be installed, and even though the printer works fine when connected directly to any of those other computers.

How do I get it to work over the network from a 32 bit machine, through the 64 bit machine that is connected to the printer?

Thanks!!

No Events found!