Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 30th, 2015 01:00

Problem opening DW WLAN Card Utility from Control Panel

DW WLAN Card in control panel message 'Internal configuration is inconsistent. Please restart the machine to resolve the problem.'I restart and get the same message.

Dell Studio Hybrid upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card.

Wireless is working fine except for trying to connect wireless HP DeskJet 3512 all in one printer.  Also trying to figure out HP Direct printing.  HP assumes user has more knowledge than I do in their how to set up HP Direct Print.

Guess the question is - is there a solution?

1.8K Posts

August 31st, 2015 15:00

Hello,

Do you know which version number of the driver for the DW1505 that you have on the system?  There may be an updated driver for that card available, depending on which version you have.  That may resolve the error message that you're seeing. 

If your wireless is working normally, except for the connection to the HP printer I'm not sure what we can do to help.  But it's possible that a native Windows 10 driver would resolve the connection problem.  Not sure I would recommend it since your wireless is working, but if you want to try it you could remove your current driver from Device Manager, reboot the system, and see if Windows 10 has an innate driver that will work better to connect to the HP printer.  But as I said, if the wireless connection to your router, etc., is working I am not sure you would want to take the chance.

Let me know which driver version you have and I'll see if there is an update one you can try.

Todd

2 Posts

August 31st, 2015 16:00

Todd,

Thanks.  Driver  50.100.245.200  3/14/2012  Microsoft.

Charles

1.8K Posts

September 1st, 2015 11:00

Thanks.  Driver  50.100.245.200  3/14/2012  Microsoft.

I believe that is already the native driver from Microsoft, and so it wouldn't have the Dell Wireless utility software in it to open.   The driver versions for the Dell wireless cards would use this naming structure:

Version 5.10.38.26, A23

Unfortunately, since that card is so old, and the Studio Hybrid isn't on the list of systems we've tested to be compatible with Windows 10, I don't think we would have any updated Dell drivers that will help you.  I did a quick search for the DW1505 card and could not find any Windows 10 drivers for it.

If your wireless networking is working correctly at this point, except for the HP printer, you would have to decide whether its acceptable as is or not.   You could look into getting a newer wireless mini-card for your system, or check to see if HP has any Windows 10 drivers for that system coming out that may resolve the connectivity issues.  But Dell won't be releasing any new drivers for that old of a model, unfortunately.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Todd

No Events found!