Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

October 25th, 2005 00:00

Problem with inspiron 2650 LAN network

I have a laptop inspiron 2650. After i reinstalled windows system , but after that i can not connect LAN network. i tried to find out the problem . I went to My Network Place --> View Connection . There is no LAN network connection. I do not know what should i do to connect LAN now. Can you guy help me to solve this problem ? Thanks !

2.5K Posts

October 25th, 2005 00:00

Can you check your Windows Device Manager?  Have you installed the network adapter driver already?

October 25th, 2005 02:00

i hve just check Device Manager . And i just installed morderm for  my internet network (broadband) . However i don't know how to install for LAN network and what woftware ? Can you help me please ?

I also don't know how to post the message to forum even i really want . ???:smileysad:

2.5K Posts

October 25th, 2005 11:00

Network support is already built into Windows - there is nothing to install, provided your network card driver has been installed correctly (has it?!).

I presume you are using Windows XP.  Is there an icon labelled Local Area Connection when you view Network Connections?  A network connection can be different and separate from a broadband connection (depending on the type of broadband), so can you please be more specific about the issue at hand?  (For example, are you trying to create a home network to connect to another computer?)

October 26th, 2005 00:00

I'm using WindowXP at the moment and i already checked in V iew Network Connections , there is no icon for LAN connection. I'm trying to create LAN network to connect 2 computer togerther but it did not work ! might i need a woftware ?

2.5K Posts

October 26th, 2005 01:00

No software to install.  Like I said before, network support (not broadband) is already built into Windows (since Windows 95) and as long as you have correctly installed your network card/adapter (with the proper driver), Windows should take care of binding services, protocols, etc., to it.

What about your Device Manager?  Any network adapter being listed or any error icon being displayed?

It may help for us to know what you plan to setup exactly or are seeing or not seeing on your computer (except for a lack of a Local Area Connection icon), but so far you haven't replied to some of my questions on that.  Please say so if you don't know where to look or check - we are all here trying to help each other.

Message Edited by esquire on 10-26-2005 11:26 AM

October 26th, 2005 22:00

i also think that when i setup window system . I will automatic have Local Network . But i don't know why i don't have . Accually, i lost the windowXP CD which i got when i bought this laptop. So i installed by another windowXP version (pack 2). However, i tried to install this version with another laptop, It have Network adapter. Before i set up broadband adapter. In Device Manager , i had no icon of Network Adapter

2.5K Posts

October 27th, 2005 00:00

@Harry_nguyen wrote:
i also think that when i setup window system . I will automatic have Local Network . But i don't know why i don't have . Accually, i lost the windowXP CD which i got when i bought this laptop. So i installed by another windowXP version (pack 2). However, i tried to install this version with another laptop, It have Network adapter. Before i set up broadband adapter. In Device Manager , i had no icon of Network Adapter

Probably that's why you have no Local Area Connection icon in Network Connections.  Which Windows XP CD you used really doesn't matter - the problem lies most likely with not detecting your network card.

I just checked the specs of the 2650 and it says network card is optional.  Are you sure you have one with your notebook?

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins2600/en/sm_en/specs.htm#1119545

No Events found!