Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2009 10:00

Problems with Connecting a Bluetooth Headset (Jabra BT8010) on Alienware M15x

I am having an issue getting bluetooth devices to connect to my Alienware M15x. While the system will discover them and add them to the list of my devices I cannot get it to connect so that I can use my stereo headset. When I check under services on the Bluetooth dvice listing in windows nothing is listed. This happens for my iPod Touch as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for it and that has not resolved the issue. The card that I am using is the 370. Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

11 Posts

November 24th, 2009 11:00

After doi9ng more searching I think the issue is that the services tab is completely blank. On the walkthroughs available on the net for connecting these devices it shows that there should be services listed. So the question becomes why isn't my Jabra BT8010 not showing services or my ipod touch. Not sure yet but still trying to figure it out. I know the headset works fine as I can pair it with my iPod touch and everything is great. Anyone else out there have any luck?

11 Posts

November 25th, 2009 09:00

More information

I am not sure if this is pointing to a software or hardware issue but I notice that sometimes my bluetooth device wont connect and I have to restart. After a restart it will then pick up and add the bluetooth device to my list. Also a lot of information in the properties for the device is unavailable or blank just like the services tab. Anyone have any ideas? Am I dealing with a hardware or software issue? I am just really confused at this point. Also worth mentioning is that if I uninstall my drivers or on a fresh install of windows the card does not show at all in device manager. The drivers for the Dell 370 Mini-card work and it shows up after but not before. Any help would always be greatly appreciated.

8 Posts

January 6th, 2010 01:00

I have the same problem with my logitech bluetooth mouse and my Moto s9 headset. Seems to drop randomly. I had the mouse working for 1 day once but now I have to restart the laptop at least 4 times a day. I switched to a USB mouse and the USB mouse on occasion stops responding. When I restart every thing is working fine.

Where you able to resolve the issue?

11 Posts

January 12th, 2010 11:00

No and I just reformatted before typing this out and with the dell drivers or any others I have not had any success with it.

8 Posts

January 25th, 2010 19:00

I did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate, updated the bios and then downloaded the latest drivers from dell.com. Seems like the usb problem went away but bluetooth is still very flaky.

January 28th, 2010 05:00

I am having the same problem with connecting my Razer Orochi mouse. Was thinking it was a problem with the mouse but reading these posts it seems more likely to be an Alienware M15x issue......!

2 Posts

May 10th, 2010 18:00

Same i have a alienware m15x and while it recognizes my bt mouse and says it connects yet it is still unusable. Its really annoying i having wires around thats y i have a bluetooth mouse.

No Events found!