Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2005 21:00

RJ-45 Socket

I purchased a laptop recently and so have decided to organise a wireless adsl router so that my desktop pc (Dimension 2400) and the laptop can share the same broadband connection. I chose BT Voyager 2110 Wireless ADSL Router. There are four wired Ethernet connections at the back of the router and I intend using one of them for my desktop pc. The instructions for doing so add: 'If your computer does not have an RJ-45 socket then you need to install a 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Network card'. There is a network adapter connection on the back of the computer so I was wondering if this is the RJ-45 socket. In other words, does the Dimension 2400 have what I require or do I have to install the Ethernet Network card mentioned above. This whole area of network stuff is new to me so I know little or nothing about this side of things. Your help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

28K Posts

December 16th, 2005 22:00

Yes, the 2400 has a built in ethernet adapter that is integrated on the motherboard.  The RJ45 socket is the ethernet connection.  You do not need to add an ethernet adapter.

Steve

December 16th, 2005 23:00

Many thanks, Steve. Really appreciate the information.

Tom
No Events found!