Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2006 17:00

Setting up Printing on Laptop

I had to do a restore on my new Laptop Insp. 6000 because of Diskeeeper. I got everything working except for the printing. I didn't keep the setting on how it should be done. But it did work before. Can any one tell me how to set it up in on the Laptop. in the Printer area of the control.
Thanks for your help.

774 Posts

May 25th, 2006 16:00

need more info. do u want to hook up a printer directly to it or is the printer on a network like a desktop. if u have winxp all u have to do is boot the pc then put in the usb cable of the printer and computer should say adding new hrdware. then there u go.

139 Posts

May 26th, 2006 13:00

The Printer is hooked to the desktop and the Netgear 614v6 is seeing it and I go on the internet but I had to do a restore and I lost everything on it. And it was printing Wireless before the restore. But now I cannot get going again. I was printing from everywhere in the house.

The first time I got it going wireless I did load the software with the USB so I did again  but I didn't make a copy of the setting and now I'm paying for it.

774 Posts

May 26th, 2006 14:00

ok go to the desktop and find the printer icon in control panel. highlight the name of the printer. right click it and choose sharing on it. then  find the ip address to the desktop. once u have the ip address of the desktop go to the laptop and do the following.

start then run type in

should look like this

\\192.168.1.1

then hit the enter key. your printer icon and folders should show up
double click printer icon and install printer drivers on the laptop

goodluck

139 Posts

May 28th, 2006 01:00

I will this in the morning and let you know. I thought i had tthis afternoon but failed.
No Events found!