Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2009 12:00

Sharing part of C drive by mapping network drive and keeping it. Solved for me

I have 3 latitude E6500 that I connect to a Wireless LAN .  The compurters update (microsoft) are done monthly.

I map network drive the require forder and get evertining working. I and one of the three computer is turned of (lunch) the map network drive fails reconnect properly and mapping must be done again.

This is a pain for me because I am the one that re due the sharing.

My WLAN is not connected to the internet, its a local network only.  The only time the computer are connected to the net is when I move them to a different building.

Mike in Wisconsin

5 Posts

March 24th, 2009 08:00

I have a partial fix 1st thing i did was clocl on "MY NETWORK PLACES" when that window opened on the  left side there was a option box titled: NETWORK TASK. One of the task has "network UPnP devices" in its title I clicked on that ICON.   Low and behold a system process showed all my local mapped drives.  My  mapped drives are the last to re-connect after bootup.  After bootup If I check my mapped drives using "windows explorer" and wait until shows coccectly then my application that need the mapped drived work properly.

Mike in Wisconsin

No Events found!