Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 1st, 2012 23:00

Trouble with my wifi card

Hello, i been having troubles with mi wifi conection, i have a dell xps. Worked fine until 15 days ago, the conection suddenly gets slow or dead. Although if conect the computer to the router through the cable works perfect again.

Sorry for my english, im not american,

hope somebody could help me with this, thanks in advance!

803 Posts

September 2nd, 2012 00:00

Hi florecitaro,

If the system is more than 30 feet away from  the router, it could be the distance and interference issue.

Check if you could connect to any other available network.

Update the latest wireless drivers available at the Dell support site. To know what type of wireless card is installed, click Start and type Device Manager.

In Device manager, expand Network adapters. Note the wireless card model. 

On the Dell support site, enter the service tag and select the operating system to narrow down the search for the correct drivers. Download and install the wireless drivers based on the wireless card model.

If the issue persists after the wireless drivers are updated, run custom scan on the wireless card using PC check up in Dell support center.

Do reply with the results.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 2nd, 2012 05:00

florecitaro,

Try reading...

Software Updates Causes Wireless Connectivity Issue Or Unable to Connect to Internet

If the article does not help solve the problem, Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Also include the virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

September 4th, 2012 09:00

Thank you Satya P,

I updated the drives for the wireless card, so far is working good,

Thanks again

Regards

No Events found!