Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2015 17:00

Troubleshooter constantly resetting network adapter

The internet connection on my computer goes out randomly. Sometimes it won't happen and sometimes it will happen continuously for hours, making it impossible to do anything online. When I run the network troubleshooter, it always ends up resetting my network adapter. This has been going on for months and I'm sick of it. I don't know how to fix this. 

I'm using a laptop through a wireless connection. The internet on my desktop (wired), Chromebook (wireless) and phone (wireless) never goes out, only on my Dell laptop. 

Could someone please help?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 5th, 2015 01:00

Hi haleym0006,

Wireless card driver may be corrupted I would suggest you to reinstall the driver. Please punch in the system service tag or express service code from the link below. Then Click on System configuration tab and then Click on Components and find the wireless card of the system and then download the wireless card driver found under Network section.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

If you are not able to determine the wireless card. Please private message me the system service tag so that I can check and provide you the correct driver.

Please let me know if this helps.

No Events found!