Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2007 23:00

Truemobile 1400 not detected

I got a 1400 truemobile card for my 5150. I installed it into the mini pci slot connected the antennas restarted and nothing. It is not detected and therefore not installed is there anything special I need to do to install this thing?

28K Posts

March 29th, 2007 01:00

Go into your BIOS setup (hit the F2 key immediately after restarting your computer)  and make sure that the MiniPCI slot is enabled.

Steve

183 Posts

March 29th, 2007 03:00

was a no go. the only options under the wireless configuration in the bios say this. mini pci not installed (and i cant select this options) then under are two more options the first one is set to application (its to turn the card on with hot keys or applications) and the other is wireless and its set to on.

Message Edited by Akira1177 on 03-28-2007 11:44 PM

183 Posts

i wish i knew where to enable the minipci slot because i do not see the option anywhere in the bios. like i said the minipci slot just says not installed and i cant select it.

Message Edited by Akira1177 on 03-28-2007 11:46 PM

183 Posts

when i look in the bios it shows the minipc not installed. but there is no where for me to click to install it the cursor just skips over it. where at in the bios would i enable it?

28K Posts

I don't have access to my 5150 until next week, so I can't check the options for you.  Still, I am pretty certain the option is not related to wireless.  It has to do with integrated devices and enabling the MiniPCI slot.  Again you do not enable/disable wireless in the BIOS, you enable/disable the MiniPCI slot!!

Steve

279 Posts

Hi,

Get into the BIOS setup screen and use the F9 key to load BIOS defaults to check if it makes any difference.

Rgds

Chris

1.7K Posts

March 29th, 2007 14:00

I'll be glad to help with this. Can you tell me which BIOS the system has on it? Is it a Phoenix BIOS and if it is what is the Rev #? What is at the top of the BIOS page? Is it: MAIN then SYSTEM DEVICES then SECURITY then BOOT then EXIT? If it is, you might try and hold down the ALT+F and see if it will see the slot. If this does not work update your BIOS from here.

If it is a Dell BIOS and has a tree structure on the left go to Onboard Devices and click the plus sign, then arrow down to the media card and press enter then change to enable.

Also, make sure the card is fully seated in the slot. It may be that it's not in there good. It should have a small snap when it is pushed in the slot.

Message Edited by DELL-Gina on 03-29-2007 10:56 AM

183 Posts

March 29th, 2007 16:00

its the phoenix A38s. when you say hold alt+f do you mean when im in the bios or when im just on my laptop. i believe its main, boot, system devices, battery, security. im missing one cause there are 6 pages but i cant check now i have to get to work.

Message Edited by Akira1177 on 03-29-2007 12:25 PM

1.7K Posts

March 29th, 2007 17:00

Yes, while you're in the BIOS try the ALT+F. However I sent the wrong link, sorry. You can update that it is to help the CMOS. I did double check and found that A38 is the most current BIOS. If it has 6 pages then go to page 3 (alt+p) and use the down arrow on your keyboard to go to the MiniPCI status. Then use the left and right arrows to change the values. I'm going to double check on this but I believe it's right

183 Posts

March 29th, 2007 22:00

ok i did the alt+f and went to check the minipci device and it says not installed and its in blue text.  I can not select the minipci device option either. i can select the other wireless options just not the minipci option.

1.7K Posts

March 30th, 2007 17:00

So if I understand correctly you can arrow down to the wireless settings but the one for the MiniPCI status says not installed. What does it have just above this? It should say MiniPCI device and to the left show either your card or it will say unknown if it cannot see the card.

If this is correct it sounds like the cad may not be seated in the slot correctly. Please try reseating the card again. When you do it must go in at a 45 degree angle and it will snap in when it is in place correctly. It is possible to put it in just a bit and then push it down for the clips to log and it not be in the slot.
No Events found!