Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2007 14:00

Update 455 errror

I just tried to update my 1490 (on an xps1710) with the latest driver release (R151519). I got an update error 455 and the update process was ended. Anyone know whay this error message means?  My XPS is using XP Media Edition.
Thanks

1.7K Posts

March 23rd, 2007 16:00

It may be that the driver did not download properly. Please try again and let us know. If there's a problem I'd like to get it fixed quick since this was just posted up yesterday. When do you get this error after the download but when you try to extract the files,or when you're trying to load the file on the system?

Edit:
I have the 1490 card on my system and just downloaded and installed and there was no error. Make sure the card is active. Also you might want to check you Internet security software it may be blocking it since it's an executable file. If you need to don't connect to the internet and disable the Internet Security software load the driver then turn the software back on.

Message Edited by DELL-Gina on 03-23-2007 12:50 PM

14 Posts

March 23rd, 2007 18:00

Gina...

It would appear my Trend Micro R eal Time Scan was behind this error. Turning it off and reruning setup worked as you suggested. I've tried to verify that the update did in fact work...finally found confirmation in the  Wireless Configuration Utility.
Thanks for you help

Rogar

Message Edited by Rogar on 03-23-2007 02:42 PM
No Events found!