Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 15th, 2014 23:00

W7 Dell Inspiron N5050, generic Bluetooth adapter trouble; "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code43)"

I am getting, Generic Bluetooth Adapter, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43)" . It shows at start > device manager > laptop icon, as a -yellow !- within the computer icon. I have and use a wireless mouse and I am not sure if that is considered "Bluetooth" or not. I have no other wireless/Bluetooth items that I use . I do connect to the internet wirelessly. When I delete the device, after restart it comes back with the same problem. Trouble shooting has found nothing to help. I did a windows restore from hard drive partition, (turned out in was unneeded, problem turned out to have been bad screen that I should have caught before doing reinstall). Months ? after that this problem started. I mention this to try to be through with details. I would like to remove adapter - or - change something - or - what ever? to stop it. Thanks in advance.

2 Posts

Thanks, I went in Start > type devmgmt.msc > left click on result > right click on Bluetooth radio > left click Adapter > click disable /OK . Did restart and the warning is gone and did not come back. It's not all "removed" BUT if the warning is under control , so be it. It's out of sight now so happy, happy me. Thanks

459 Posts

HI,

To disable Bluetooth device Try this:

http://computerstepbystep.com/bluetooth_support_service.html

No Events found!