Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

January 15th, 2004 01:00

WIRELESS QUESTION....

I am just about to purchase a new Dell laptop and have a question about what to add to the system to be able to go wireless.  I'm interested in the wireless wide area networking option (reffered to as cellular).  If I get the Dell TrueMobile 5100 GPRS PC Card (AT&T), I understand that it will require me to start an account with AT&T, but would I need to get any other hardware and also still an AOL account?  I am purchasing this laptop for a three month school I'm attending soon but still want internet/email access anywhere I go.  Would anyone be able to answer this question?

2.2K Posts

January 15th, 2004 13:00

Other than the TrueMobile 5100 card and an AT&T Wireless or T-Mobile GPRS/GSM account, you should not need any special hardware, software, or other provider accounts. Once you are connected with the service provider of your choice, you should be able to browse the internet with Internet Explorer or check email with Outlook Express (or your preferred email application).

2 Posts

January 18th, 2004 18:00

I can assume then that logging in would be as dependable as the signal I get.  Has this been problematic at all when trying to download something?

Either way, thank you very much!  That is exactly what I needed to know!!!

• 

25.7K Posts

June 11th, 2020 18:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!