Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2012 09:00

WWAN HELP

HI Friend I have Dell XPS L702x 3d laptop I want to installed WWAN card Will It work on my Laptop or not

I am from India

Confi..

XPS L702X 3D P -i7

Ram 2GB

HDD 500GB

750 Posts

August 16th, 2012 11:00

Hi Ashutosh1g,

XPS L702X does support WWAN Mini-Card.

The WWAN card slot on the Dell XPS L702X system is located on the bottom of the system underneath the access panel as shown in the picture below.

If you have any further questions feel free to reply.

20 Posts

August 16th, 2012 21:00

Hi Kalyan S

I want to know WWAN card is working on My laptop or not but here u provide me where I insert SIM /U-SIM.

The WWAN card Hardware installation place is Under the Key board (XPS L702x Model)

Sorry but you will not give me ans of my questions.

750 Posts

August 17th, 2012 08:00

Hi Ashutosh1g,

You are correct; the WWAN card slot is physically under the Keyboard. In order for the WWAN to work, the SIM card has to be inserted in the slot location which was shown in the picture. My apologies for the confusion.

Subscription from an ISP for internet service is required. To check if the Mobile Broadband is active, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1) Click “Start”, type “Dell Mobile Broadband Utility” and press enter.

2) In “Dell Mobile Broadband Utility” window, if there is an option “Activate”, then it means the service has to be activated.

3) Click on “Activate” and follow the onscreen instructions.

Please post back with results.

20 Posts

August 18th, 2012 03:00

Hi Kalyan S

Thanks for replying me

I know these things.

I want to know the WWAN card will work on my laptop or not

I have Dell XPS L702x 3D model (consider 3d model)

750 Posts

August 21st, 2012 07:00

Hi Ashutosh1g,

WWAN card will work on your laptop which is XPS L702X 3D model.

If you are facing any issue with WWAN on your computer, please post the error message if any, also a screenshot if possible.

20 Posts

August 21st, 2012 11:00

Hi Kalyan Sir

Sir I do not have WWAN card . I want to buy it but I have doubt will it work on my lappi or not because Dell say WWAN info is not available In 3D panel.

That's why I am asking here WWAN card work on my lappi or not

750 Posts

August 21st, 2012 13:00

Hi Ashutosh1g,

WWAN card has to be purchased at the point of sale along with the computer. I am afraid now you cannot install a WWAN card.

20 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 01:00

Hi sir I don't Know why you are afraid

May I know why I cannot installed WWAN card when it is available ?

750 Posts

August 22nd, 2012 07:00

Hi Ashutosh1g,

The reason why it cannot be installed now is that, the WWAN card, if ordered along with the system, the motherboard of the system would be pre-configured accordingly so as to accommodate the card.  If it is not bought along with the system, the motherboard configuration cannot be changed and hence the card cannot be accommodated.

2 Posts

August 26th, 2012 11:00

So why does Dell include a sim-slot if we can't choose to have a 3G wwan-card during the ordering procedure !? I ordered the l702x because I then had a 3G modem inside. I assumed that it was standard because it wasn't specially mentioned during my ordering procedure... Why do I by the moest expensive model of the l702x when this isn't included and we didn't got a chance selecting it during the ordering :s

2 Posts

August 29th, 2012 03:00

*most

20 Posts

August 29th, 2012 09:00

Yes you are Right
No Events found!