Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2015 23:00

Wi-Fi Connectivity Fault on Inspiron 11 3000

Hi... Ive just purchased a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series running Windows 10. I'm on a plane tomorrow to Indonesia for business, and I liked the small size and flip screen of the Dell. The sales lady at JB *** in Sydney assured me that Dell had overcome earlier problems, and the stuff was now good.

It worked for a while, enough time to set it up at least, but partway through a Microsoft Office download the Wi-Fi started to drop out and needed to be powered-down and restarted several times. Then Wi-Fi transceiver just stopped altogether, never to start-up again, although the local WiFi network was still working with other machines connected at the time.

The Dell computer would not identify any of about 4 active local networks - the Wi-Fi adaptor was somehow turned off and nothing would turn it back on again.

I then reset the computer and reloaded the applications from scratch. A couple of hours later the same thing happened - worked for a while and then stopped forever.

Looking at the posts here, it seems this is a common issue, maybe an incompatibility somewhere between the Dell hardware, the Wi-Fi driver and Windows 10.

However, some posts are old, and as this computer is only a day old I would have expected it to be fixed by now.

I'm about to try disabling the power save functions. Failing that it's the garbage bin because I just don't have the time to spend and need to catch a plane tomorrow.

Any suggestions?

1.8K Posts

October 12th, 2015 15:00

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with that new system.  There are a lot of kinks still being worked out with Windows 10, especially the wireless networking portion of it.

If your wireless card isn't seeing any of the available networks you may want to check out this article "Resolving Connection Issues on Your Wi-Fi Network for Windows 10".   You may find some solutions in there that may help.

I'm not sure this fits with what you're seeing but you may want to look at this article as well, especially if you're loaded any sort of VPN software onto that system for your trip.

Windows could not detect any networking hardware

The last thing I would recommend, for now, is to remove the wireless drivers installed in your system (search for Device Manager in Windows, then open the networking category, right click on the wireless adapter, and delete).   Then Reboot your system and have Windows find a driver itself.  That may help the compatibility / functionality of the wireless adapter.

Let me know if any of this helps or not.  If not I'll see what else I can suggest that may be of help.

Todd

8 Posts

October 15th, 2015 17:00

If you have not solved your wireless issues yet...try the Oct 15th Dell Driver updates...my similar issue seems to be solved dumping the old drivers and reloading the one from today.

No Events found!