Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 4th, 2016 08:00

WiFi driver on Latitude E5450 (Win 8.1)

I have a installed a SSD drive in my Latitude and are installing Win 8.1 from the OEM disk that was delivered with the laptop.

I'm also installing the drivers from the disk provided at the same time.

Several components drivers such as wifi and wired network adaptors can't be found by the system.

What am I doing wrong?

• 

17K Posts

February 5th, 2016 05:00

Mradahl,

You can click the link below to download the Windows 8.1 drivers for your computer. There is an install order for loading the drivers in your computer in order for the hardware to work properly. A link is provided below for reference to installing the drivers. When downloading drivers from the link below you will need to choose the correct OS that is installed.

Latitude E5450 Drivers and Downloads

FAQs- Drivers and Downloads

Order of Driver Installation

After reinstalling Windows, follow the order listed when reinstalling drivers. Some devices may not function properly if the drivers are installed out of order. Refer to Installing%20Drivers%20in%20the%20Correct%20Order" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Installing Drivers in the Correct Order

Drivers by Scan

Using the Scan Utility, your Dell Computer would be scanned to detect the existing drivers based on the Operating System. Once scan is complete, Drivers by Scan will present a list of recommended drivers that needs to be updated. Click here for more information.

Drivers by Tag

When the Service tag is provided, Drivers by Tag can retrieve the list of factory installed drivers along with the last driver recommendations for a specific product.

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number

2 Posts

February 5th, 2016 08:00

Well, one of my problems are that the NIC driver doesn't work either (using my iPad now) so scan is not an option and using service tag did direct me to Dell's page in local language and didn' show anything either.

I had expected that a laptop delivered in October 2015 would have drivers on the provided drivers disk corresponding and working with the providd OS disk.

I'll try downloading from another computer and use a USB drive to transfer it.

Will get back to you if it doesn't work.

Thanks' so far!

• 

17K Posts

February 5th, 2016 10:00

Mradahl,

Ok, thanks for letting me know.

No Events found!