Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2012 12:00

Wifi connection problem in Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop

Sir,

I am using Dell Inspiron N5110 for 9 months.Everything is working fine.But there is only one problem in my Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop ,that whenever I start my laptop instead of taking automatic Wifi connection it is taking manually.Every time I have to goto connect option.But Whenever I connect It says that adaptar not found ,When I click troubleshooting then it says Turn off your router and again turn on.Every time i have to do  this then connection starts.Why this happening in my laptop.Please ,give me the solution.I will be thankful to you.

20 Posts

July 3rd, 2012 05:00

Many many thanks.Now My wifi problem has been solved.It is taking connection now automatically.Now I dont have to switch off my router nor I have to restart my latop nor  I have to go for trouble Shooting.I were these problem since long time.

Again many many thanks sir.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2012 08:00

metabrez,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

20 Posts

July 3rd, 2012 11:00

Sir,After 2 hour I again restarted my laptop.Same problem is showing.Wifi connection problem is still existing.What should i do further for rectifying this.When I installed driver it started taking connection automatically.Now this is showing again same wifi connection problem.Please give me suggestion so that problem can be rectified.Why this happens to my laptop.Is this problem existing all Dell insprion N5100 model?

Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2012 15:00

metabrez,

Do you have any 2.4GHz cordless phones? They work on the same frequency as the wireless routers.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 4th, 2012 00:00

metabrez,

When your friend is online, if you start the computer and go online, does your friend lose their connection?

I suspect the wireless adapter may have come loose. If your computer is under warranty, contact Dell tech Support. IF it's not under warranty, you can try reseating the adapter, if you're handy with a screwdriver. INSTRUCTIONS HERE.

Rick

20 Posts

July 4th, 2012 00:00

No,I dont have 2.4GHZ cordless phone.But other laptop in my room taking connection directly whenever my friend start their laptop.no need to do anything.But in my laptop same wifi connection problem is showing.What should i do now?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 4th, 2012 01:00

metabrez,

In the device manager, everything except the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Mini port adapter, you can uncheck, allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. The miniport adapter, if you uncheck it, the adapter gives that message.

Rick

20 Posts

July 4th, 2012 01:00

Nope their connection doesnt go.When They are online i also go online but whenever i start my laptop a yellow colour sign appears at the network sign.I cooncet it.Sometimes it takes connection.Most of the time I have to go for truobleshooting.

When I go for trouble shooting.I get following message.

1.Intel@My wifi Technology adapter is not avaliable.

2.This computer ha limited connectivity to "My network name"

Whenever I click to fix the problem

1.Intel wifi Technology is avaliable now.

2.Wifi problem is fixed now.

20 Posts

July 4th, 2012 06:00

Dear Sir,I didnt get you.Will you please explain me in detail where should I uncheck?In device manager where should I click?

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 4th, 2012 08:00

metabrez,

If memory serves me correctly, you can do this on most systems, but not XP.

Start, control panel, network, double click on your network adapter, then power management.

Rick

20 Posts

July 5th, 2012 10:00

Sir,MY problem is still existing.I have unchecked 'Allow the computer to turn off the device to save the power'.But it is still showing problem.I have turned off my bluetooth device also.I am facing wifi problem.When I surf net in between yeloow color sign appear in my network and wifi get disconnected.I have to turn off the wifi router then it takes connection.Please solve this issue.I will thankful to you.

904 Posts

July 5th, 2012 13:00

Hi Metabrez,

I know i am jumping right into the middle of the TS Rick has been doing. I also see that we near to exhaustion of possible answers. For the last time try the following.

1) Turn Off your laptop

2) Turn Off your router

3) Turn off any other devices connecting to your Wifi network (Keep them off till the end)

4) Turn on Router, wait for 30secs

5) Turn your laptop back on. (Leave the other devices turned off)

If you still experience difficulties then shutdown your laptop and start it in 'Safe mode with networking'  (Click here on how to) and then check

If it fails both the times then its the wifi card/Software on your system that has issues and would need to be replaced/reinstalled.

20 Posts

July 6th, 2012 01:00

I have already done that process.I am getting wifi problem.Whenever I surf net then I get yellow sign in wifi network.In between I get wifi connection problem.I lost my wifi connection.Every time I have to trun off the router and again turn on the router then it takes wifi connection.I am suffering from this problem since long time.

I have installed network adapter again.Please rectify my problem.

20 Posts

July 20th, 2012 11:00

Hi,
My wifi problem hasnt been solved.Every time I have to turn off the router and again turn on the router.Then connection is established.While I am surfing net in between my wifi connection gets disconnected and again I have to turn off the router.
                                              I am having DELL INSPRION N5110.I am running windows 7 home basic and Open Suse 12.1 in my laptop.Now i want to Restore my laptop in the begining stage when I bought laptop so that I can run only win 7.How Can I restore my laptop to ealier stage.I have tried it from restore point but earlier restore point isnt there.Please help me in this so that I can run only win7 home basic and can delete open suse 12.1 .

2 Posts

November 25th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

Has your problem been resolved?  I have the same laptop and I have been having the same problems since I purchased it.  I originally returned/exchanged the laptop at the store I purchased it from but the new one still had the same problem.  I have made multiple calls to Dell and each time the solution is only temporary.  I have 3 other laptops, 3 iPhones and 2 iPads using the wireless connection in my home and NONE of those have any connection problems.

I am just wondering if you have ever gotten to the bottom of this problem because I am very frustrated with my Dell.

Thank you.

No Events found!