Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2017 19:00

Wifi option is not turning on

Hi ,

I have installed network wireless driver too, wifi is enabled from control panel -> network & sharing. Everything has done. Please suggest some solution. It is inspiron 5321, windows 8.1 .

2.4K Posts

December 26th, 2017 22:00

Usually there is a wifi enable button on the top of the keyboard that  enables the wifi card. It most of the time looks like a radio antenna logo.

December 27th, 2017 22:00

I also facing wifi issue in my s7:-)

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 28th, 2017 05:00

How exactly do you know that your "wifi is not working" ?????

December 28th, 2017 12:00

In Device manager

Under Network adapters

Right click on the wireless adapter listed

Choose Uninstall and Restart your machine post this step

Incase if the issue persists, then repeat the same steps

after Clicking Uninstall > Check the Box which says "Delete Device driver option"

and then restart machine.

It should help

Do reply back to me if its not fixed.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

December 30th, 2017 23:00

Hi ,

I have installed network wireless driver too, wifi is enabled from control panel -> network & sharing. Everything has done. Please suggest some solution. It is inspiron 5321, windows 8.1 .

Why are you using Windows 8.1 opposed to Windows 10 Version 1709?

You can clean install Windows 10 version 1709 and it will automatically accept and input your Windows 8.x Product Key during installation and install the correct edition of Windows 10:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-1709/ 

Regarding your wireless card, there are different variants for the model. Can you right click the start button and select Device Manager. Then in the Device Manager, right click any unknown devices and select properties. Then select the Details tab and under property select Hardware IDs. Also provide these for any network adapters.

1 Message

November 10th, 2019 23:00

Open control panel then network and Internet then network and sharing centre then Change adapter setting then right click on wifi icon then diagnose then repair... And it's done

2 Posts

December 20th, 2019 21:00

This may come in late however, i suffered this as well until i stumbled on "WiFiLocator.exe" under "C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet". If you don't have this path on your machine then goto Dell drivers download page and download the "Dell Quickset Application" for your machine.

1. Ensure you have downloaded and installed your dell latest wireless driver and "Dell Quickset Application".

2. After installation, goto "C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet" folder and run "WiFiLocator.exe". On the launched dialog, click "Advanced Settings" then check the "All the radios" box. Ensure that Wi-Fi and WPAN is checked. Click "Apply > OK > OK", 

3. Once this is done, Press the Radio shortcut button on your keyboard (mine is [Fn + F2], yours may just be [F2] or another button). This will turn on Airplane Mode. Press the key combination again to turn off Airplane mode.

4. Click on the Network icon on the task bar and you will see all available wireless network to connect to. 

Hope this helps.

1 Message

February 11th, 2021 09:00

Hi! I had the same issue, and tried everything, from control panel diagnoses to switches on my keyboard. What I did that worked was going to Internet Explorer, out of desperation, and then clicked the not connected to wifi (blue link). After that, it diagnosed the problem and unlike other solutions, it resolved it on its own. The issue I personally had was that the other options were not turning my wireless capabilities setting on. But after clicking the not connected to wi-fi link, it resolved it. After it turned on my wireless capabilities, my wifi turned on automatically. I believe the goal is to find a way to let your computer diagnose and then resolve the wireless capabilities for the w-wifi to turn on without having the manual option stuck without the wifi turning on. So whatever gets you to get your computer to resolve the issue should work. I do not understand computers well but I thought I should share what worked for me. Hope this helps despite it being so late. 

No Events found!