HugoStiglitz
1 Copper

Wireless Connectivity Issues

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Hello All,

I am having issues connecting to my wireless router (Linksys WRT54GS v1.50.6, Feb. 17, 2006).

I am running a Latitude D820 Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3. 

I recently updated my driver to the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN.

The reason I updated the driver is because the OEM would not support the wireless security option I wanted on the Linksys.  As an aside, there is currently no security on the Linksys – the connection is wide open.

At this point, every time I connect wirelessly I am forced to run the executable for the Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN and select the “Repair” option, at which point wireless connectivity is restored.

If anyone on this forum has a solution to my connectivity issues I would be very grateful.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos