Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2016 02:00

Wireless Connectivity

I just purchased a new Alienware 17 R3 laptop, with native Windows 10, a month ago.

My problem is with the wireless connectivity on the laptop.

When purchased it could search and connect to my D-Link router's wireless network. A couple of weeks back I changed my wireless router to the netgear - WNR614. This is when the issue started. From the first-time-setup of the router, the Alienware could not read the wireless network at all. The network name never came up, as if it didn't exist. In the middle of all this there were issues with the graphics card driver that crashed my system and I had to reset my PC. After the system reset it read the network once and could connect without any issue. But the next time I tried connecting through wireless it didn't read the name again and has been like that since.

The laptop connects fine to the router once the Ethernet cable is plugged into it. The one thing I noticed was the wireless network disappeared after I connected the Ethernet cable to the laptop. This was a one time thing though and I cannot be sure if this is the cause because it has never connected to the wireless again.

I know the problem isn't the router because 7 other devices(one laptop, two iPads and four mobiles) have been able to read the network and connect without any issue. The funny thing is that my laptop reads every other wireless network around my house.

The fixes I've tried (which have NOT worked):

>Re-installing the drivers specific to my laptop from Dell Support.
 >Uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling from the Killer website using KillerSuite 1.1.59.1701.

Can someone please figure out the problem and help me fix it. I have an important thesis submission soon.
Here are the details you might need:

NETWORK DRIVERS:

1. Killer Wireless-AC 1535 Driver
  • File Name: Communications_Driver_RJ21G_WN32_1.1.57.1245_A02.EXE 
  • Importance: Recommended
  • Description: Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® (101.83 MB)
  • Release Date: 09 Mar 2016
  • Version: 1.1.57.1245 ,A02
  • Last Updated: 08 Apr 2016

2. Killer Wireless-AC 1535 Bluetooth Driver

• File Name: Communications_Driver_PJ4XH_WN64_10.0.0.102_A00.EXE
  • Importance: Recommended
  • Description: Update Package for Microsoft® Windows® 64-Bit. (65.08 MB)
  • Release Date: 10 Sep 2015
  • Version: 10.0.0.102 ,A00
  • Last Updated: 18 Apr 2016

SYSTEM CONFIGURATION:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ
  • Killer 1535 802.11ac 2x2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
  • Killer E2400 Ethernet Driver
  • 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133Mhz  (16GBx2)
  • Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
  • Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

Thank You

Nischay G. Shah

No Responses!
No Events found!