Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2013 02:00

Wireless Driver for DELL Inspiron 3521

Hello DELL

I recently purchased a DELL Inspiron 3521 Laptop. (Service Tag= Service tag removed as per privacy policy>)

It is running Windows 7 SP1 x64 Genuine Windows OS. I have installed the following drivers so far with no luck:

1) Network_Driver_2W6N0_WN_WLAN--9.2.0.50_A02 = Failed

2) Network_Driver_3WJ6F_WN_WLAN-6.20.55.5_A03 = Failed

Can you tell me which one is the right Wireless LAN Driver for my DELL Laptop?

Thanks

Keerthi

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

October 25th, 2013 04:00

Hi Keerthi,

Please try updating the Wireless drivers from the link http://dell.to/14eHxj3. Also, if the issue still persists, please share the screenshot of the Device Manager with the Network Adapter and Other Devices expanded. Here are the steps:

• Press the key combination of 'Windows Logo' key + 'R' key to open 'Run' dialog box.
  • Type in 'devmgmt.msc' and click 'OK'.
  • The 'Device Manager' windows will appear.
  • Click on the sign next to Other Devices and expand it.

Also, share the Hardware Ids of the device which has a bang in the Device Manager, this will assist me to identify device and its drivers. Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager.
  • Select your device and right click on it.
  • Click Properties from the drop down list.
  • Click Details and then click Device description button to select Hardware Ids.
  • Share the Hardware Ids mentioned under Value.

Note: Please remove the service tag from public view for security reasons.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any questions.

October 25th, 2013 07:00

Thanks for the quick reply. I think you pasted the wrong tiny URL. Your link taes me to some 2.5" Hard disk cable page.

Can you please post the link to correct driver page?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

October 26th, 2013 04:00

Hi Keerthi,

Apologies for the inconvenience. I have corrected the drivers link. Please try again and share the results.

October 26th, 2013 08:00

Thanks. As always, I can trust DELL for support. This is the ONLY reason why I was okay to pay more for a DELL while Lenovo was available for a lesser price with exact config.

Just one follow up question, my DELL Laptop does not support (1) 5 Ghz Wireless and (2) WPA2 PSK with AES?

4 Operator

• 

1.5K Posts

October 29th, 2013 03:00

Hi Keerthi,

Glad to know that the issue is resolved for you. Yes, you are correct as the wireless card installed on your system does not support Dual band connection hence it is limited to 2.4Ghz connection. However, it does support WPA2 network security.

Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance in future.

No Events found!