Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 19th, 2014 17:00

Wireless Network Shutting Off After Computer Turns On

I have an interesting situation on my hands. I have a Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop. Had the machine for almost 6 years without any issues whatsoever.

Yesterday I turned my machine on and began cruising around the Internet. After 2 or 3 minutes, the connection went away. I checked the other devices in the house and all were connected and functional. I restarted the router and computer. Got about 3 minutes in again and the Internet cut out. The computer recognizes that there are Internet connections (including my own router) and gives the signal strength for each, but fails to connect.

I thought that it might be a driver issue, so I put in my installation disk AND used the drivers from dell.com and came up with the same message each time " No compatible hardware found. The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system. The software will not install."

I can understand that maybe I was downloading the wrong drivers from the Dell website, but when it gave me that error from the driver installation disk, I couldn't explain it. 

I opened up the bottom of the computer to see if maybe the wireless card got knocked loose, but everything was where it should have been.

I'm not really sure where to go from here. I'm thinking I need a new wireless card, but I don't want to order one just yet. Maybe I'm missing something somewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

No Responses!
No Events found!