Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2015 09:00

Wireless not working

I have a Dell Inspiron 1526. When I turned on my pc in the afternoon after using it in the morning it came up no internet connection. I have 2 other pc's that are working with the wireless. It doesn't show any networks to connect to. It clearly states No connections are available and says troubleshoot in blue. It says to use the switch or function keys. If so where would they be and would that solve the problem? I plugged an ethernet cable into the pc and that worked. What to do.

• 

17K Posts

October 13th, 2015 05:00

veemash27,

Wireless Switch

Wireless Technology

The Inspiron 1526 system ships with a wireless feature called the wireless switch.  It is located on the right side of  the system.  When used in combination with the Dell™ QuickSet utilities, this switch  enables or disables the wireless LAN, wireless WAN, and Bluetooth® cards in the system or searches for all wireless  networks in range.

To scan for a Wi-Fi® wireless LAN, slide and hold the switch in the momentary position for a few seconds.   The Wi-Fi Catcher™ network locator works whether the computer is turned on or off, in Hibernate mode, or in  Standby mode, as long as the switch is configured through QuickSet or the BIOS to control Wi-Fi network connections.

Because the Wi-Fi Catcher network locator is disabled and not configured for use when the computer is shipped, it must  be enabled and configured through the Dell QuickSet utilities to control Wi-Fi network connections.

Wireless Switch LED Settings

The LED on the wireless  switch works even if the system is off.  A user can activate the switch and  have it scan for networks without going through a complete boot process.  The switch can be set to detect for  only certain wireless signals, such as WLAN only, WWAN only, Bluetooth only, or any combination of these.  This is  set in the BIOS under the Wireless section.

The LED indicates the presence of a network as follows:

• Flashing blue — The system is searching for a signal.
  • Solid blue — The system has detected a wireless signal and has good strength.
  • Solid Yellow — The system has detected a wireless signal, but it is moderate to weak in strength.
  • Flashing Yellow — An error has occurred while trying to detect a wireless signal.
  • Off — The system failed to detect a wireless signal.

Click the link below for troubleshooting and resolving Networking and Wireless Issues.

Networking and Wireless Support Center

No Events found!