Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2017 03:00

XPS 13 CANNOT SEE HOME WIFI

My brand new XPS 13 has no problem detecting and connecting to wifi networks other than my password-protected home network. It cannot even detect the network, much less connect to it. Even after manually adding the network to known networks the laptop cannot see the wifi even if placed right next to the router. All other devices connect to this wifi with no problem. 

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling/updating the Killer Wifi Network Adapter but the problem is still there. I tried many times restarting both the laptop and wifi router... 

I have no clue what else to try. Please help...

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 10th, 2017 06:00

Hi zuziatk,

Thanks for posting.

Since the computer communicates well with other wifi networks, it would not seem to be the computer at fault.  Please check with the router manufacturer and the internet service provider for assistance.  Since it's "brand new" you may try troubleshooting with Dell Tech Support.  

You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896 or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

February 13th, 2018 22:00

Zuziakt - you aren't crazy. Mine just started doing this too. This is the second major issue I've had with mine. I've tried rebooting several times. It will see other networks. I've used two phones and my wife's Surface Pro to verify that our network is up and that the XPS 13 can't see it. 

Let me know if you ever figured out a solution. 

1 Message

April 11th, 2018 05:00

Hey, i would think the wifi only deliver one of these 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz and the pc cannot connect to it. Or a channel problem, change it from auto to another channel in the router/wifi 

1 Message

June 29th, 2018 22:00

Hi zuziatk and dell support team,

Please advise if the problem is solved and what actions need to be taken. I have the same issue with my laptop XPS13 which I've bought last summer but only now started to use. Could you please send instructions or links. I understand that warranty has expired but we can see that this issue is common for most XPS13 laptops, so please advise solution. 

Best regards,

Mokka

1 Message

September 25th, 2018 07:00

Hey   I have the exact same problem.  My brand new xps 13 9360 can detect other wifi networks but not my own one.   I tryed resetting preferences and even giving orders through PowerShell using Dell's sporting video. I feel hopeless... What shall I do to fix it?

1 Message

October 3rd, 2020 01:00

Hello everyone,

You can delete your presaved SSID from your settings then restart your router.

It did the trick for me.

William

No Events found!