Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2016 11:00

XPS 15 9550 WIFI Hardware issues

Blue Tooth WiFi stopped working.  Installed Wifi Card  555-BCTP : DW1830 3x3 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz +
Bluetooth 4.1 no longer detectable.  

Device manager   PCI properties shows   

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Network adapters shows no device.

Anyone else having similar issues?

1.8K Posts

February 21st, 2016 15:00

Hi,

What happens when / if you try to install a new driver?   Are you getting a different error message?   Have you tried deleting the current wifi driver, rebooting Windows, rebooting the system, and seeing whether it locates a driver on it's own (native)?   

I'm not sure what version of bluetooth driver you were running on the system but here is a link to Dell Wireless 1830 Bluetooth Application Version 12.0.1.730, A01<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>.   

Have you tried reseating the wireless card in that system to confirm that it's making full contact with the system and antennas?  Here is a link to the owner's manual for the XPS 9550, specifically how to check / remove the wireless card.

To better help me troubleshoot this issue please right click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your system.  Please keep all troubleshooting discussions here on this public thread so others can see what is discussed.

Thank you,

Todd

2 Posts

February 22nd, 2016 05:00

Todd,

I tried installing a new driver from Dells support page, since the Wifi card wasn't detected on start up no driver was installed.

I would have opened the machine, but since it's less than a month old I didn't want to void the warranty.

Tried doing several restarts and power off and restarts, no help.

Last step was to allow the XPS battery to run completely down until shut off, upon plugging in  and restarting, card was discovered and all is well.  Not sure why this worked and power down and restarts didn't.

Thanks for coming to my aid.

Doug

No Events found!