Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

3 Posts

June 19th, 2020 12:00

Zoom Meeting audio playback very low

I just purchased the new XPS 15 and the audio level coming from the speakers seems reasonable with every application I've tried EXCEPT Zoom Meetings. The audio is very very soft and I have everything at max in windows and also in the MaxxAudioPro app. Any thoughts on the this would be appreciated.

• 

25.7K Posts

June 19th, 2020 12:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

2 Posts

July 4th, 2020 01:00

I have this exact problem on my XPS 13. What was your solution?

July 4th, 2020 05:00

My solution was to return the computer for a refund! I’m sorry to say this because the XPS 15 is otherwise a great computer. But it’s audio/mic system just doesn’t function properly for applications like this. I also have an XPS 13 - and it’s fan gets so loud that when the mic is open in a meeting the other people tell me that the noise they hear is extremely loud. I’m sending it back for repairs and hope they fix it. Again, otherwise a great laptop. 

July 6th, 2020 12:00

Now I have problems with the XPS 13 also - I've spent literally hours on the phone with tech support. Screen goes black, fan is very noisy and makes a loud ticking sound which is very audible to the other parties during any video conference call. The computer is basically unusable for any business style video conference meeting. They won't take it back at this point (just outside the 30 days) and trying to get a new one sent to me (something they offered) is taking hours of my time. Each time I speak with someone I wait 25-30 minutes on hold only to have to explain the entire story again. Although the individual people are nice enough, Dell has a broken system of tech support/customer care in addition to making computers which don't function properly. This computer has been rated "one of the best laptops" available and I really have no idea why. 

No Events found!