Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2014 17:00

always problems with internet connection

Hi,

since I have the dell inspiron 15r the wifi connection was not working. this new dell laptop replaced my old one. i live in the attic of a house, where the wifi router is on the ground floor. i had a good internet connection with my old laptop, even though the signal is 2-3 lines up here, but it always worked perfectly. also, anyone who came here with their laptop always got good connection and speed. the new laptop would not even see the wifi of the house or if it would and would connect to it after a long time of waiting, it would not work anyway. when i would go closer to the router, it would connect and work fine. also in other places the internet would only work if i was very close to the router and its really frustrating. then, when it connects, it always says the connection is limited, always, even though it actually works fine. then it does not remember to reconnect automatically whenever it goes to sleep or I turn it on, I always have to reconnect manually, sometimes to even reenter the password, even though I saved it and always click connect automatically. Then, when finally connected, the connection is dropping quite often. Its really frustrating to always have some issue with the connection and always having to be near the router, because its not always possible. Even if I have a full signal, sometimes it still does not work.

The computer runs on windows 8, I used the trouble shooting, but that didnt help, I checked if my drivers were up to date, they were.

I guess the way of expressing my problem sounds somewhat ridiculous, but I am not so familiar with the computer terminology. Basically I am always having problems with the wifi connection and I would like to get it fixed.

could you please help me? thank you in advance

297 Posts

March 29th, 2014 18:00

Try downloading and running inSSIDer Home from this page.

Install it and run it. Now click on the networks tab.Now tell me how many networks are present, and what the signal strength is compared to the other networks. You can tell that by the small graph on the right side. The higher your signal strength is, the better it is.

No Events found!