Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 24th, 2013 23:00

cannot download WLAN card driver

I had to install Windows Vista on Latitude E6410, than I followed order installation from here ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/Common/latitude-e6230_Reference%20Guide_en-us.pdf. And I am still not able to install Dell Wireless WLAN 1397/1501/1520 Half MiniCard Driver - in the download section it is only update package? My notebook does not offer me WLAN connection only cable...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2013 04:00

Merynkaw,

Download and install in this exact order...

Dell System Software, v.6.5.0, A05

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility, v.9.2.0.1030, A05

Intel AMT HECI, v.6.1.20.1059 PV, A04

Ricoh R5U24x Memory Card Reader

ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor Driver

Then download and install...

Intel 825xx Gigabit Platform LAN Network Device, v.11.6.92.0, A06

Go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag, click on original configuration. There it will be listed which wireles adapter you have installed. Then go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, select your operating system and download and install the drivers for your wireles adapter.

Then download and install Dell ControlPoint System Application

Rick                                       

16 Posts

June 25th, 2013 03:00

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Merynkaw,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

16 Posts

I downloaded System Utilities first and then Intel AMT HECI, v.6.1.20.1059 PV, A04

(Driver) chipset

Should I try it again and reinstall Vista and than follow this steps? www.dell.com/.../ArticleView

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Merynkaw,

Vista 32-bit or 64-bit?

Rick

16 Posts

June 25th, 2013 05:00

Thank you, I will try it.. but do I have to uninstall the drivers I have already installed?

16 Posts

June 25th, 2013 05:00

I got lost with this

Go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag, click on original configuration. There it will be listed which wireles adapter you have installed. Then go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, select your operating system and download and install the drivers for your wireles adapter.

I went to Dell Warranty Status and then to System configuration -> original configuration->there is "system summary" and "components" I cannot see anything about wireless adaptor..

16 Posts

June 25th, 2013 07:00

I am online! Thank you for your super help!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2013 10:00

Merynkaw,

Sorry for the delay, sleep.

You just install the drivers over what was there. The old drivers did not install properly because the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers were not installed first.

Glad you got everything sorted while I was sleeping.

Take care,

Rick

16 Posts

July 1st, 2013 07:00

Hello Rick,

thank you again for your help with wifi connection.. I have one more issue..

How can I access internet via SIM card? I inserted SIM card into the laptop but nothing is happening.

Do I have to download anything else?

Thank you, Merynkaw

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 1st, 2013 10:00

Merynkaw,

When you purchased the system, did it come with the sim card already installed? If you're not sure, go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag, click on original configuration. It would be listed there.

The question I ask is the slot is there for all computers for your model, but if it was not ordered, the slot wil not have any hardware for the sim card, so basically it's a blank slot without the hardware.

Rick

16 Posts

July 1st, 2013 11:00

There is very long list of components, but if I look for "sim" - nothing is found..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 1st, 2013 12:00

Merynkaw,

Go to...

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/latitude-e6410

Under modem/communications

You can try installing the drivers for the card(s). One of those cards may be on the original configuration list. If they are listed, then install the drivers, with the sim card removed, shutdown your computer.

Insert the sim card, then start the computer.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 1st, 2013 17:00

Merynkaw,

Error code 10 is a driver problem.

Do you see anything in the device manager with a yellow exclaimination mark or red x?

Rick

No Events found!