Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 7th, 2009 11:00

checkpoint vpn client on vista 64bit OS

Hi,

Recenlty purchased 2 more latitude e6400's to add to my fleet of the E range...  Only this time I thought I would go for the 64 bit flavour of Vista.

I have managed to get all other bits & bobs working apart from my checkpoint VPN client...  I am aware that checkpoint say somewhere on their website that the 64 bit isnt supported but is there not a work around/beta or something?  I am planning on calling tech support tomorrow at work but thought i would post on here on the off chance tonight as i have seen some checkpoint posts on here before.#

I have had the problem in the past with the 32 bit version of vista running the dell control point connection manager & the vpn client, basically if you dont uninstall the dell stuff the client wont run, so i have stayed clear of this on my 64 bit build also.

Just so you know i have applied the release 3 update & it all installs correctly but just doesnt start (the key doesnt appear in the taskbar) then when you manually try & launch it it does nothing.  Running SecureClient Diagnostics just causes windows to generate an error.

Any way, maybe someone will have some input somewhere?

Cheers in advance.

32 Posts

January 13th, 2009 11:00

just thought i bang an update on here after my conversation with checkpoint tech last week.  basically its is what i said... no 64 bit support but developers are working on releasing a 64 bit client in Q1.  we shall wait & see.  shame they can't get me a beta for now :-(

32 Posts

January 27th, 2009 14:00

just found a support article on the checkpoint website, didn't see this before.

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk36681

No Events found!