Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2010 08:00

connection/distance problems - 1520 Wireless-N half mini Card

Hi,

Hope anyone has a solution to my problem.

My new Studio 1747 Laptop loses the signal of de router if I walk to another floor or if i'm behind a wall. The signal strength remain good (4 strips). Both the software from dell and MS  says the signal is good, but it still drops from 270 Mbps to 11 Mbps. Windows eventually says it cannot connect. When I reset the signal, it remains strong but drops from 115 to 11 Mbps and loses connection. In that short connection time, about 5 seconds, it has no problem opening/searching webpages.

My toilet is three metres from the router, even from this short distance the connection fails.:emotion-6:

Other people who use their laptop in my house, can internet throughout my house, except me!:emotion-12:

I have a n-router with extended range. Installed the latest software/firmware (router and laptop)

Let me know, if you got any ideas.

Thanks.
Harvey

1 Message

April 20th, 2010 21:00

I have the same problem. I recently received my studio 1558 with this same wireless card. If i move further than 10 feet away from my router I lose my internet access even though my signal gets full bars. I've talked to Dell support for 2 hours and they could not figure it out. I have updated my routers firmware and my driver, and it still does not work. They are sending me another card, but the same one. I will update whether is works or not. I am also currently shopping around for a new card, because of all the multiple reviews that I have read about this card. I was thinking the intel centrino advanced-n 6200. This comes with the newer studio 1558. 

4 Posts

April 21st, 2010 11:00

Finally Dell is working with me:emotion-1: Today, Dell is sending me a new wireless card: The Intel 5300. According to Dell this wil solve the problem. The guy I spoke finally said that the problem probably lie with the current card (1520 Broadcom). Like he told me the current card is maybe conflicting with some other hardware in the computer. They already changed the card once, but no difference. So I hope this works.

2 Posts

June 26th, 2010 12:00

HELP !!!

I've got a new 1747 and it connects to the router from about 7 m. I've purchased an additional 1558 (Dell 1520 wireless mini card) and connection dissappears beyond 3 m to the same router.

Any ideas ? Running a Rotal b/g. But surely, it has to be related to the Dell 1520 set up.

No Events found!