Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

LL

September 21st, 2007 20:00

dell wireless 1390 802.11g mini card

I have an inspiron 1520 and a d link 54g wireless router. i cannot seem to get a good connection with this unless i am directly in front of it. I bought a laptop so that i can be mobile with it not sit in front of the router, i am wondering if there is something wrong with the mini card since my daughter just bought a new toshiba satellite laptop and can sit in a different room and get a perfect connection with hers.
what can i try to make this better.. going nuts so please help.. thanks
I thought it might be the router but  since my daughter just bought her laptop 7 days ago and hers is perfect it must be this laptop.

16 Posts

September 24th, 2007 17:00

I Have the Dell 1490 and it's driving me nuts too...It connects but it is SOOOOOO SLOW. Guess there are no Dell Techs on this board.

September 25th, 2007 01:00

i called today and they told me to try resetting my wireless router to all the channels and then download dell quickset. i tried doing that spent 4 hours trying to fix my desktop and laptop since trying to change the channels goofed them both up and am no further than i was at the begining of the day.. i was told if this didn't work they would send me out a new card.. just the replacement of the same one though.. no intel.. a bit of a pain let me tell you.. my daughters laptop runs like a dream with the intel on it..
No Events found!