Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2009 13:00

dell wireless print adapter

I have a belkin router,which works great,but I can't connect to dell print adapter.I think I need to change address on adapter but can't figure out how,HELP,Thanks,Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 6th, 2009 16:00

Rick,

What printer are you trying to connect to the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300?

I would first try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings in your Blekin Router.

Rick

3 Posts

November 6th, 2009 18:00

PudgyOne,I had everything already set as you suggested,I'm using a dell 944 printer.It worked with linksys router,I just switched to belkin.The belkin works on address 192.168.2.1  and the printer is looking for 192.168.1.1      I can't figure out how to change the dell 3300 to  192.168.2.1                  Rick

November 6th, 2009 20:00

rickw001,

So you did have this working before using the Linksys router. I think you'll need to reinstall everything in order to get this working. There is a way to change just the ip address but I really don't think it will work as you're using a dirrerent router with a different Mac address and communications will be next to impossible and you'll tear the hair out of your head.

These instructions are a little lenghty. Please follow the instructions in the order that I have them and you should be able to setup everything to work. I do have a 964 printer connected to a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 and have it working for 5 laptops.

Let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Fix your wireless router first.

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal). Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available)

Use channels 1 or 11. Most devices work better on these channels. (I use channel 11)

Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

Now for the printer. Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch, a MUST on Vista machines, until it prompts you to restart your computer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

Vista 64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Install the drivers, choose network, choose I'm using a wireless print server(if you do not see this, then choose add printer and you should see it then) and follow the instructions.

***When installing the drivers, the file might just unzip. If this happens, right click on the setup.exe file, then left click run as administrator, then follow the instructions***

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Scanning

Scanning using USB connection, open the Dell All-In-One Center, click on scanning and copying and scan from there.

Scanning wirelessly, use the scan buttons on the printer

Let me know what happens.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 7th, 2009 02:00

Rick,

To change the ip address...

Start, all programs, Dell, Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300, Set IP Address Utility, TCP/IP Settings.

There is where you change the ip settings.

I still think you'll have to reinstall everything.

Rick

3 Posts

November 7th, 2009 07:00

PudgyOne,my e-mail is you send me a # so I can call you,or I send you mine,I'm about to explode,Thanks,Rick

<ADMIN NOTE:Email Id removed per privacy policy>

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 7th, 2009 12:00

Rick,

The question(s) of the day...

Is your Belkin a wireless N router? If so, is the Belkin router a dual band wireless router?

Your wireless router should have these settings for everything to work. This is the first step.

Update the firmware at the manufacturers website.

Broadcast SSID(Change the SSID to make the new connection work easier)

Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(Personal)

Use mixed mode. I use this because some wireless print servers and wireless adapters will not connect without this setting.

Use channels 1, 6 or 11. Most wireless devices work best on these channels, I use channel 11.

Save and exit. Power off all modems and computer. Wait 30 seconds, then power on your ISP modem first. Wait 15 seconds, then power on your wireless router. Power on your computer and connected to your new network.

After router is done, now setup your wireless print server/printer.

3300 Utility

3300 Firmware

Attach the 3300 to your computer using the USB Cable and insert the 3300 disk. Follow the instructions. It should ask you for the network ID, type of security and password.

If you install the 3300, while you have it attached, locate the firmware for the 3300, should be found in C:\Dell\Drivers\R139145\R139145 The firmware is called N201_Fullnet.flg

I had a small issue at my new home and had to flash the 3300 to get it working, also had to move the printer a few feet and the wireless router.

Then you'll install the printer, choose network and follow the instructions.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 14th, 2009 20:00

Rick,

I would have never guessed that the Belkin router didn't want to communicate with the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300. Good thing you had the Linksys router to try.

If you need anything else, please feel free to contact me. I work late hours but when I'm online, my email is checked every ten mionutes.

Take care,

Rick 

2 Posts

November 15th, 2009 07:00

I'm sorry to be jumping in but this looks like the place i need to be and i dont know how to start a new thread. I am also having a problem with addapter 3300 i have everything hooked up and everythin works fine with my desk top, but my brother keeps complaining that when he goes to print something from  his lap top from his bed room it kicks him off the internet, also when my sister tries printing from her laptop she gets a ccommunication error

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 15th, 2009 07:00

Rebel33,

Make a new thread Dell Printers Forum tell me the make and model or your Computer(s) and operating system(s) and the make and model of the printer that you're trying to connect the Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 to.

If you could, also please tell me the make and model of your wireless router. Rick and me had issues with a Belkin communicating to the 3300.

Rick

2 Posts

November 15th, 2009 21:00

i guess i should have waited to get all my info i just got home and everyone is a sleep, but i can tell you my router is a netgear. i once tried a belkin and it wouldnt work either for internet it was horrible. my printer is a dell photo 926

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 16th, 2009 02:00

Rebel33,

I had my 3300 work with Netgear and Linksys. Tried to help the person above who had a Belkin and it would not communicate with the 3300. Since you have a diffferent printer, I would appreciate you trying a new thread in the subjuct put something about the 926 printer and the 3300 and when I get home from work, this is my long day at work, I believe I can help you get things working.

Dell Printers Forum

Rick

No Events found!