Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2005 23:00

how to repair IE XP SP2

well I wanted to repair my IE cause it has been having problems.  So I found some instructions and it said to do a search find the windows/ie.inf file and click to install.  This is where I get stuck.  It then states  IE explorer..exe on Windows XP home edition sp2 is needed.  It gives me a option to serach for the file (the default in there is C:\windows\inf.i386).  So do I put in my Windows XP CD and if so where is the file on the disk or just use the default file that is listed.  Thanks Carol

I have Diminesion 8400 running Win xp SP2. 

28K Posts

July 26th, 2005 23:00

This is not really a network problem and I would suggest that you might have more success in finding an answer if you posted in the Software - Windows XP forum.  Frankly, I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to do, so if you post in the Software forum, you might want to explain a bit better where you are getting the instructions to do the repair.  If you can post a link to a the document you are following, it would probably help anyone reading your post to help you figure out what is going on.

Steve

12K Posts

July 27th, 2005 05:00

Go to Start Run and enter:

sfc /scannow

You will be prompted to insert you XP disc to repair any missing or corrupt files.

No Events found!