Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2017 11:00

inspiron 15 7000 wifi always drops

i got this laptop only ten days ago.at the beginning ,the wifi dropped and i had to connect again and it would work for hours.but since yesterday,although there is wifi connection available ,i connect it to the internet successfully  and it would drop in 3 seconds. i checked the power plan it is not in the power saving mode.could anyone help?[:'(]

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 15:00

Do you know what wireless card and what router model you're using to connect? Also, what frequency?

February 16th, 2018 07:00

I just got a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 two days ago and I think I might be having the same problem.  In fact, I just shared this in a similar thread.

I use the Inspiron as my main computer, and a MacBook Pro as a secondary computer.  I use Synergy to share the mouse and keyboard from the Inspiron to the MacBook.  This is _exactly_ how I've been working for two years with my much older Dell that this Inspiron is replacing.

Just today I've noticed what I think is a WiFi problem.  Without warning, my Synergy'ed mouse/keyboard will stop working on the Mac.  The Synergy server running on the Inspiron logs that the client disappeared.  Any web page I was loading fails.  Then, after a short time (maybe 10-30 seconds), it comes back.

While it's gone, the Windows 10 WiFi indicator indicates that I'm still connected.  While it's gone, I can directly use the Mac without any connectivity problems.

This all leads me to believe it's something in the new Inspiron that isn't working correctly.

No Events found!