Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2009 16:00

inspiron 530 wont start

my inspiron (two days after warranty expired) went to sleep and never woke up !

when i tried to wake it the fans went on super fast and loud and it started to beep, single beep repetitive. shut down with power switch tried to restart with same results single repetitive beep loud fans and nothing else, total black moniter.

walked away for the night when i tried to start in am it started !!! in safe mode did system restore and full virus scan all seemed well computed as normal then left it for awhile when i came back it was like frozen in screen saver and several columns of wonky horizontal lines were on screen. powered down the hard way

turned to  laptop and searched for help most often suggested was to reseat memory cards. did this. not sure if i resat them correctly. well i am sure its not corrrect because now when i start up it goes beep beep....beep beep...repetitive.

helpless, helpless, helpless. please help, advice,sympathy?

thanx in advance

366 Posts

December 19th, 2009 08:00

tbh I'm a bit confused, you say at first you had a single repetitive beep - hate to say it but there's a chance it could be the motherboard.  But in your penultimate paragraph you seem to say you are getting two repetitive beeps? I would see if you can find the manual for your dell on line that has a list of the beep codes.

No Events found!