Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 19th, 2013 04:00

internet explorer error

The screen freezes, cannot close the page,sometimes I get a message saying explorer is not responding,options to ..close the program.....find a solution and restart the program,.....very annoying. I have Dell Inspiron One Touch, windows os, IE 9 .Please help, thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 19th, 2013 05:00

Hi GrannyCEB2000,

I am sorry about the situation, please let me know if this issue occurs only in internet explorer or any other application (excel, music). Try reseting the internet explorer follow the steps below.

Open Internet Explorer. Click the Tools button and then click Internet options.

Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.

Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.

In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.

When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.Close and re-open Internet Explorer and check if the interner explorer works.

Also try with differenet browsers like Mozilla / chrome and check if the same issue persists, in case the same issue occur try in safe mode with networking and check if the issue persists, follow the steps below.

Shutdown the computer, tap F8 during startup and select safemode with networking.

No Events found!