Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 23rd, 2012 05:00

internet issue

I can connect to the internet using my wireless connect, but when I search using EI9 and using google it take for ages to connect to the website I want ?

can anyone help??

3.3K Posts

September 24th, 2012 00:00

Hi smithy1,

Check the wireless connection in Safe mode with networking (restart the computer and tapping F8 on Dell logo Select Safemode with networking).Check if the wireless connections is still slow in Safe mode with networking in IE9, try updating the update the wireless router's firmware to the latest available.

Also, I recommend, reset IE9.

Please follow below mentioned steps to reset IE:

Close all Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.

• Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
  • Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, Tracking Protection, and ActiveX Filtering data.
  • In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  • When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
  • Close Internet Explorer.

Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

For more information, I have provided a link below which can fix the issue:

support.dell.com/.../document

Below mentioned link would also help you with the settings for wireless internet in future:

support.dell.com/.../document

Kindly revert and let me know for further clarifications.

No Events found!