Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 31st, 2013 22:00

network adapters

So, i have a dell inspiron 1545 (ancient) and i recently replaced the hard drive with a new bigger one, and re-downloaded windows vista (again ancient). here's the problem, it wont detect any wireless network (at all) and sayd i dont have a network adapter installed, so i obviously need new and updated drivers but ive got no idea which ones and it rejects the ones that came with the computer, help please! also it will connect through ethernet cable  :emotion-60: :emotion-6: :emotion-60:

1.8K Posts

June 1st, 2013 04:00

Hi thelocalbatman,

Ensure that the wireless is enabled. Press F2 or a combination of Fn and F2 key to enable wireless. 

In order to install the correct driver for the wireless card, you would need to check the wireless card installed on your computer. You can check it from system configuration tab on support website. 

Click on the link: http://dell.to/10ksYYf  > Enter the service tag and select operating system > Under 'Network', you will be able to find the wireless card driver. Download and install driver by following onscreen instructions. 

If you are not able to find the drivers for wireless card, you may private message me the Service Tag of your computer. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2013 04:00

thelocalbatman,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

No Events found!