Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2009 04:00

new here! have got an inspiron 9300, used to able to get on wireless internet but can't find how too now?

hi had computer fixed for other problems now can't find how to get on internet? have tried the usual trouble shooting which says to go to network connections and network task but wireless connections is not listed and there is no icon?  I have tried Fn f2 holding both down but that hasnt worked either? It used to work on internet and pick up my router signal from PC? any ideas? thanks

4.6K Posts

December 14th, 2009 11:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

The downloads page (see below) suggest it might be Windows XP, but it's important you tell us/confirm what OS you're using, because the possible solutions very, depending on the OS :emotion-55:

Also... although I suspect it was the latter of these two, who "fixed" the laptop for you?  Was it Dell tech support, or a third party - i.e. a local store?

have tried the usual trouble shooting which says to go to network connections and network task but wireless connections is not listed and there is no icon?

You mean there's no wireless/network icon in the taskbar (lower right of screen)?

We need to confirm whether your wireless card is being recognised in Control Panel/Device Manager first of all?

If it is, you just need to set up a wireless internet connection via the 'networking' options in Control Panel.

If it's not, start by reinstalling the wireless drivers for your specific card.  It's important you choose the appropriate/correct drivers of course.

You can download the latest drivers from the ('Network' category on the) Inspiron 9300 'Drivers & Downloads' page.

Once the drivers are installed - and the card is being recognised, search for/connect to your wireless router, via the 'networking' options in Control Panel.

2 Posts

December 15th, 2009 07:00

hi,

it is windows XP.  yes no icon in lower right of screen for me to click on?

how do i check if the wireless card is being recognised? I am a complete novice at this stuff so please bare with me thanks!:emotion-7:

No Events found!