Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2010 19:00

p513w wireless printer not cummunicate

I am running xp sp3 just got new p513w wireless printer i have to unplug power cord to printer to reset printer to get it to print ever day . Error:cummunication not available, the printer cannot cummunicate with the computer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 27th, 2010 10:00

pupe58,

Let's start with the simple things first. Try these tweaks and see if it helps. If not, then we'll need to have the make and model of your wireless router, type of security you're using and the channel you're on.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager)

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

19 Posts

March 27th, 2010 12:00

Thank Rick so far so good

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 27th, 2010 12:00

pupe58,

This can just be a start. If it happens again, and often, we may have to change some settings in the router, but then the printer needs to be setup, again.

Remember during power flickers and electrical storms, you may have to power off your ISP Modem/router, your wireless router(if any) and the printer for 30 seconds to reset everything.

Rick

19 Posts

March 28th, 2010 14:00

I am running xp sp3 just got new p513w wireless printer i have to unplug power cord to printer to reset printer to get it to print ever day . Error:cummunication not available, the printer cannot cummunicate with the computer.  Today i am back where i starter

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 28th, 2010 15:00

pupe58,

My next step would be to try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11.

You will need to set the printer up, just like you did when you purchased it.

Rick

19 Posts

March 31st, 2010 15:00

have try the router setting. Have had 3 session with dell chat witch they will just hang up. I also put the printer on window 7 system it does the same thing

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 31st, 2010 16:00

pupe58,

On XP, do you have the custom Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications? How about the latest Java? Download Latest Java

With Windows 7, did you try downloading the drivers from Dell's website using the instructions located at...

P513w Wireless All-In-One Printer owners thread

Did you install the drivers in the compatibility mode and have the computer online?

Rick

19 Posts

March 31st, 2010 17:00

I try all the things you listed print ok for now. see ahat happing in the next couple of days

19 Posts

April 8th, 2010 12:00

when i leave the printer in power save mode it has to be reset bofore it will print agin

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2010 14:00

Pupe58,

Just curious. Try turning off your ISP Modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power everything back on.

Unplug the printer from the wall for 30 seconds, then plug it back in.

See if this helps to solve the issue. I would get the printer communications error on mine and doing that fixed the issue.

Rick

19 Posts

April 8th, 2010 18:00

As long as i donot put the printer in power saver mode it work just fine.

No Events found!