Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 26th, 2013 14:00

"A physical WiFi adapter is not installed"

I purchased an Alienware M17x R4 about 2 months ago and it was working perfectly until yesterday. After using it for a while, it disconnected from the WiFi, and after restarting the laptop I got a pop up message saying a physical WiFi adapter is not installed, meaning I can no longer use my wireless connection, but only a cord. Going to device manager, I did not see the wireless hardware on the list of network adapters (Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 With Bluetooth 4.0), however it is still listed for the Bluetooth. I have already tried reinstalling the drivers, system restore, dell diagnosis (which says there is no problem), AlienAutopsy (which also said there is no problem) and scanning for hardware changes from the device manager, none of this has fixed the issue at all. I don't live in the US so I cannot send it to get repaired, so any other solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

March 27th, 2013 05:00

Hi AikoSubhi,

It can be frustrating when the WiFi adapter stops working and appreciate your efforts to fix the issue. I suggest you to reseat the wireless mini card by following the steps provided in the Owner’s Manual. You can download the manual from the following link:
http://bit.ly/UQ8ztd

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

11 Posts

March 27th, 2013 08:00

Thank you for the answer! I have one more question tho, would opening the laptop void the warranty?

Edit: sorry for the double post, dunno how to delete!

11 Posts

March 27th, 2013 08:00

Thank you for the answer! I have one more question tho, would opening the laptop void the warranty?

No Events found!