Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

August 2nd, 2009 02:00

"Advanced Networking Application" error message

When I start up  (Dell Inspiron 640m; Windows XP) I soon get the error message that the "Advanced Networking Application has encountered a problem and needs to close".  This pops up a couple of seconds after the Dell Network Assistant image starts its show on the desktop.

I did a screen print of the information attached to the error report that follows and the file seems to be ezi_hmn2_exe  

AppVer and ModVer are both 1.0.9.0 and the Offset is 000944e1 not that I know what any of these means.

I have searched the Dell Forums for similar posts but nothing matches precisely.  I am not running a home network.  (I have also have a Dell desktop which is pretty old, and wasn't up to networking with the laptop when I got it.  However I do access a wireless router from this laptop - the modem connects to the ancient Dell pc by cable -- I'm  just providing this information in case it's relevant.)

Is there a way of stopping this error message please?

If not, am I correct in thinking that I don't really need Dell Network Assistant?  If so, shall I 'just' uninstall it, presumably using Add/Remove Programs?

Are there any disadvantages to removing this program e.g. is it connected with any error diagnosis I might want to run?

(With appreciation in advance for reading this, or for suggestions or advice!)

No Responses!
No Events found!